The GP is alive...

SRTurbo04

well As some might know i bought a gp1200 almost two months ago, after buying it i stuck it in the water and after 20 minuites it died on me.

The dealership finally was able to get around to it and turns out the stator was dead. well after they tore into it they =noticed chunks and chunk of metel. turns out who ever had this off before didnt pick lock tight on the bolts, the boltds backed out and went and destroyed the stator into pieces, as well as ripping the threads out of the block.

i guess the guy said the reason why it was having a hard time starting(even before it died) was due to a weak spark due to the coil that was broken and eventually just explloded into pieces lol

well after getting that all fixed up took the ski out to alum yesterday and it fired right up. im talking pressed the button for a split second adn BAM shes running smoooth.

get out on the water no issues what so ever. BOOYAHHH even with the chop it was doing 72 on the gauge so should be high 60s i need to get a gps so i can see any one going out friday during the mornign day?

well As some might know i bought a gp1200 almost two months ago, after buying it i stuck it in the water and after 20 minuites it died on me.

The dealership finally was able to get around to it and turns out the stator was dead. well after they tore into it they =noticed chunks and chunk of metel. turns out who ever had this off before didnt pick lock tight on the bolts, the boltds backed out and went and destroyed the stator into pieces, as well as ripping the threads out of the block.

i guess the guy said the reason why it was having a hard time starting(even before it died) was due to a weak spark due to the coil that was broken and eventually just explloded into pieces lol

well after getting that all fixed up took the ski out to alum yesterday and it fired right up. im talking pressed the button for a split second adn BAM shes running smoooth.

get out on the water no issues what so ever. BOOYAHHH even with the chop it was doing 72 on the gauge so should be high 60s i need to get a gps so i can see any one going out friday during the mornign day?

I might be out early Sat or Sunday morning. I'm glad it's running strong and the gauge should be about 5 MPH high.

I might be out early Sat or Sunday morning. I'm glad it's running strong and the gauge should be about 5 MPH high.

thats what iw as figuring need some smooth water and colder temps i want to hit 70s by seasons end...need parts ahh.

BOOYAHHH even with the chop it was doing 72 on the gauge so should be high 60s i need to get a gps so i can see any one going out friday during the mornign day?

I honestly don't think it will be high 60's either. Sorry Paul, not trying to be an ass or pick at you but I just don't think it will go that high. I think lower 60's would be max. Just my opinion.

Where do you get 5 MPH off? I have seen some be anywhere from 1 MPH off to 10 MPH off. Think of your sea doo, how many time have you seen over 71 MPH? RXP is a little different situation but you see accurate those can be.

thats what iw as figuring need some smooth water and colder temps i want to hit 70s by seasons end...need parts ahh.

Better get a lot of parts! :fuckyeah:

(Thats me being an ass and picking lol)

i guess we will see need to get a gps out there adn test it.

spend all day on the lake the gp ran amazingg again but my big oll xl1200 ran like ass still. i think the carbs are gumbed up from the old gas sitting in there last year crapp