HP Touchpad $99!

JaSSon

I want to get an iPad 2 now if 3 is just a few months away.

Proof of this? I cannot see Apple coming out with another iPad when the current one is still flying off shelves as fast as they are placed. If anything it'll be colored versions of the iPad 2, imo.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proof of this? I cannot see Apple coming out with another iPad when the current one is still flying off shelves as fast as they are placed. If anything it'll be colored versions of the iPad 2, imo.
Here are just a few of the new things they are talking about for the iPad 3. Now as of right now these are all expectiong, but not 100% yet. If just a few of these things are added or done is why I would want to wait a few months. That screen alone would be like 4 times what the screen is now I think.

iPad 3 Features Expectation

■Retina Display: People were expecting a retina display with the iPad 2; but the iPad disappointed them with the same display of the previous iPad. Now followers are waiting for an iPad 3 with a retina display. There is a rumor that the iPad 3 may offer a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels.

■SD Card Slot: People are expecting a revolution in Apple iPad 3 with an SD card slot. Hopefully Apple may introduce SD card slot with the third generation iPad.

■Improved HDMI: Yes iPad 2 also supports HDMI playback but you need to have Apple digital AV adapter, and that comes at an additional cost of $39. So it is much expected from iPad 3 to have an HDMI port that eliminates additional requirement of the HDMI cable.

■Camera Flash: A camera with flash is a much-waited feature of the iPad; people were expecting iPad 2 to have camera flash; now we would be wondering if iPad 3 will have camera with flash.

■Thunderbolt: The iPad 3 may have a Thunderbolt port. That will offer power, video and data connectivity using the same connector at lightning speed.

■Wireless Synchronize: People are expecting iPad 3 to offer wireless sync of content rather than the traditional wired connectivity.

so who wants a touchpad for personal use?

I know of a place that has them, but their $179

so buying to resell is kinda worthless

Aarons sales and leasing has them for like $50 a month on lease, or you can buy it from them for $179. They were prise matching the $99 price, but that changed today I guess. It does come with a nice leather folio.

HIT EM' UP!

The BestBuy in Springfield received 19 of them today. A friend of mine was 7th in line at 7am. Limit of 1 per customer. I'm not driving an hour an a half to wait three hours to get 1.

My order was cancelled. I raised a big stink and ended up with a coupon for 30% off my next order...whoopty fn do.

Has anyone found any place online that still has them? My wife just had a baby 2 days ago and I would like to get one for her since it's easier to use than her giant laptop.

Thanks.

I've had 3 online orders cancelled now, and received one unit. The problem is by the time any of us would post its availability here, it would probably already be sold out. It's like a mixture of luck and persistence. One of the sites that cancelled 2 of my orders said they had something along the lines of 10,000 orders in a matter of minutes. If she really wants one, I've seen the craigslist tablets available for 200ish. Also some Aarons have them like JR said, but you'll pay 179+tax, but you get a portfolio case. Considering what these units cost 2 weeks ago, neither is a terrible price, just not as nice as $99.

Also I'm not a dirty reseller, just figured for $99 bucks, they'd make killer gifts for the wife or parents. So far, I've "gifted" one to me.

Oh, AND CONGRATZ!

Has anyone found any place online that still has them? My wife just had a baby 2 days ago and I would like to get one for her since it's easier to use than her giant laptop.

Thanks.

The Nook Color is another option if you are OK, or even would prefer a smaller screen. Has a web browser built in already and can be hacked to run full Android. They are $250, but that's still less than tablets, I think.

Wait, maybe I'm behind on the times but is there a 7" galaxy tablet now?

The Nook Color is another option if you are OK, or even would prefer a smaller screen. Has a web browser built in already and can be hacked to run full Android. They are $250, but that's still less than tablets, I think.

Wait, maybe I'm behind on the times but is there a 7" galaxy tablet now?

Thanks Rob. I'll keep trying.

Jesse, there is a 7" Galaxy Tab.

They're still dripping into retail stores. I got lucky and picked up 2 16gbs that way, and not for reselling.

But the dirty resellers will have these all over ebay soon enough, and I suspect competition between them will keep prices fairly low.

HP has announced that despite having previously stopped production, they will be producing a final run of touchpads to help meet demand. To me that reads "exhausting parts stock". Regardless that's good news, sign up for the notifier email on HPs site, and check it often. Supposedly they will be limiting the amount of units one can purchase to spread them around a little better.

...sign up for the notifier email on HPs site, and check it often.

Link? Can you, in theory assuming availability, buy them directly from HP?

Edit: Ok, I found that blog post, but I don't see anywhere to signup for email notification. Maybe I'm just blind.

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/More-TouchPads-on-the-Way/ba-p/68749