HP Touchpad $99!

JaSSon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone will be kind enough if you find stock or find them I would take 3 16gig or 2 32 gigs. I know its asking a lot but I will def pay for the product if you can order them for me at those great prices. Il even give you some extra $$ for the help. Edited by STEVE-O

dude on craigslist is selling them for $25 more than list. so $125 and $175, brand new in box w/ receipt he can show you he said. Seems worth it over spending days trying to find one.

alomst all are asking wtb or 250 for the 16 gig and i am not messing with these cl people on this they will be out in full to make money on there items insted of buying them to use like some of us. Those are the people who piss me off.

People amaze me sometimes, they'll spend 2 days trying to save a few bills on something.

Maybe you need a little math to figure things out:

- I'd say your average electronics consumer makes 40kish a year...let's say 50k, which is about $24/hour.

- Take taxes away, let's say they are only paying 17%, then we are at $20/hour.

- Spend 8 hours finding this deal, and you still saved more money than you would make working.

Now take someone making less money, and the rate of return on time invested is even greater. I spend a nice chunk of time finding deals online and save a fortune. I've paid about 1/2 the price of retail overall for the upgrades to my Malibu thus far...the several hours of research is more than offset by the $1000+ in savings.

I heard the app support on these things suck.!

Yeah it does. But it's a nice little device that you can use to surf the web, email, and has native flash support. For this price, i dont' think you can go wrong to have it just for that.

And i'm sure there will be some hacking to be had here to load OS such as Droid.

-D

I heard the app support on these things suck.!

It does everything I need. Surfs the web (better than my iPhone), plays videos (MP4), supports video chat via Skype, and has a pretty decent selection of apps. With the amount of TouchPads sold this weekend I'd look for developer support to drastically increase. The screen is nice (if slightly low res for reading) the hardware is fairly zippy, and I'm really digging WebOS. I do hate the glossy black fingerprint magnet on the back tho.

Sent from my HP TouchPad.

Yeah it does. But it's a nice little device that you can use to surf the web, email, and has native flash support. For this price, i dont' think you can go wrong to have it just for that.

And i'm sure there will be some hacking to be had here to load OS such as Droid.

-D

That's mostly what I use my iPad for.

That's mostly what I use my iPad for.

Exactly. The point here is why spend $500 if you just use it to browse the web and send emails anyway, if you can grab the TouchPad for a hundo? I love the iPad but I know what I would use a tablet for, and I just don't see myself spending that much money to look at the internet for a few hours per day.

I'll be impressed with HP if this turns out to be a massive publicity stunt.