Where to get discounted Impala parts

Sparky

morad parts company. look them up on ebay. anything FWD and GM they should have.

You can do this.. but he's raised his prices a LOT in the past year or two. Especially for motors.

Anything in particular you were looking for on the Impala?

I've ordered a few odds and ends so far. Will need a few rear suspension parts soon. One thing I'd like is a keyless remote for the car. I see a ton on ebay for about $20 but I wonder how much the dealer will charge to mate it to the car. I'll also need to visit a junk yard for a spare tire and a couple other parts. The auto-dimming rear view mirror popped and is now hazy - thinking ill let that go. Also would like some fogs but that is not a priority.

I've ordered a few odds and ends so far. Will need a few rear suspension parts soon. One thing I'd like is a keyless remote for the car. I see a ton on ebay for about $20 but I wonder how much the dealer will charge to mate it to the car. I'll also need to visit a junk yard for a spare tire and a couple other parts. The auto-dimming rear view mirror popped and is now hazy - thinking ill let that go. Also would like some fogs but that is not a priority.

There are instructions that tell you how to link up the remote fob with the car. I've done it on my wife's old '95 but not anything newer. It's not that bad.

As for the auto dimming, I'd just graba manual one and it'll never break. I've gone though two in my wife's regal and they're around $30-40 a piece used on the Regal boards.

If you need struts I have a complete set of quickstruts that have 70k on them. THey are firm and I had a knocking noise but I think it was my sway bar (the sound was in the front, not the back).

There are instructions that tell you how to link up the remote fob with the car. I've done it on my wife's old '95 but not anything newer. It's not that bad.

If its the newer style it has to be done with someone that can get into the PCM, since doing the doorlock thing doesn't put them into program mode anymore :p

If its the newer style it has to be done with someone that can get into the PCM, since doing the doorlock thing doesn't put them into program mode anymore :p

That's strange.. I've never heard of that.

however.. I can get into the PCM :):gabe:

Wifes 06 Malibu didn't have fobs but I got some from eBay and no matter which method I used to try and program them I had to end up taking it to the stealership to get them mated together, something about the newer cars don't have a "program mode" unless its accessed via the PCM.

Wifes 06 Malibu didn't have fobs but I got some from eBay and no matter which method I used to try and program them I had to end up taking it to the stealership to get them mated together, something about the newer cars don't have a "program mode" unless its accessed via the PCM.

You remember ow much you paid?

PCM doesn't control the key fobs, the BCM does. You'll have to have them programmed with a Tech2, whether you know someone who has one or if you go to the dealer.

This, if you're nice to me you could swing by my work and I'll do it for you. We typically charge people a half hour which is $45, but I help out people I know, doesn't take long, just make sure you get the right remote because there are a few different part numbers. If you're not sure you could call a local parts department.

Hopefully he bought a 3800 and won't have nearly as much of that shit. Of course the 3800 will do it too, just not nearly as often

3800's were just easier to replace.. lol.. Lower intake gaskets is where I made my money on chevys.. 3.5 hours to do, with spark plugs and wires..

It is a 3800 - I'm pretty happy with the car overall. I may have to look into struts Buck - I think it is in need.

As for the remotes Verse you will have a PM very shortly and so will you Cordell. Thanks for all the info guys.

I just sold our 2001 3800 Impala, and with 165k miles it was a great car. Mine still had a lot of original parts, never did anything to the engine but change the valve cover gaskets, tune-up, and change the oil. I know these cars rather well so if you have questions I can help you out. As I'm sure you've figured out I'm also a GM tech.

I just sold our 2001 3800 Impala, and with 165k miles it was a great car. Mine still had a lot of original parts, never did anything to the engine but change the valve cover gaskets, tune-up, and change the oil. I know these cars rather well so if you have questions I can help you out. As I'm sure you've figured out I'm also a GM tech.

or me.. I've been dorking with ONLY 3800's since 1998 so I hope I know them inside and out.

Did that MAF work Scott or did you toss it?