The Great Northwest (Pics of Course)

TTQ B4U

Ya, I've briefly looked into some of the places we would consider moving. Slightly lower pay, slight higher cost of living. Though I can't speak directly to housing prices. I'm guessing there is a good reason for that, they are more desired places to live due to the lifestyle the location affords. If we stay here we will buy a house next year. If we are somewhere else probably not and we would be renting for a while so housing prices aren't as big of a deal.

As far as real estate a d those considering moves to there, are the starter house costs around 300k in sketch areas? My BFF lives there and her husband is a teacher, and I was shocked at how much thier house cost.

Housing prices are more than here for sure, but what a dollar gets is a relative to what you are looking for and consider reasonable. We live in a very reasonable larger 3 bedroom here that is no where near the cost of what we would spend if we moved up to the NW. However, it's exactly what we wanted for when we bought here in Cbus at the time. Up there our home would likely be $280k but it wouldn't have much land. At least here our lot is the best in our entire 72 home development and that to me is a huge selling point. Dublin Schools are strong as hell too which counts. Not sure of the school systems in our area of Oregon.

If/when we move up there I wouldn't buy a suburban home, it would be with 2-5 acres of land. Likely in the $500-650k range total. It's either going to be that or not move. I'll pay more for the land and area with a smaller home vs overpaying for a larger home on no land.

My brother in laws place is up in the hills on 5 acres where most have to be custom built. It's about 3,600sq ft. and total price was $950k. Beautiful home, best area of the hills and on same good acreage. Worth the money but higher than what I would spend. They are both MD's with their own practice though so really it's nothing for them.

$280k...it would be with 2-5 acres of land.

You likely wouldn't pay much more than that for a nice home outside of Columbus on that much land. Really depends on where and what house, but I know for a fact those exist. Sounds like house prices are around double out there. That's the west for you!

You likely wouldn't pay much more than that for a nice home outside of Columbus on that much land. Really depends on where and what house, but I know for a fact those exist. Sounds like house prices are around double out there. That's the west for you!

Yep. My brother in law paid about the same for their house as we did ours back in the 90's. He sold it 6 years ago to move into their current one and it sold for a lot more than ours was appraised at.