Top Gear (US) Vs. The Car show

Buck531

Which show is better  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which show is better

• Top Gear (US)
    • The Car Show

I've watched both and I have my opinions on either shows. Just wanted to see what you people though.

Top Gear US:

Decent show. Didn't see much of season 1 but from what I heard it wasn't that great. I like the challenges they do. Tanner seems to do big burnouts on any car he drives. I think they do a decent deal with the cars and the last episode Sunday we pretty neat where the cops blocked off the roads in LA and Tanner had a 911.

The Car Show:

Not much of a show other than putting down several different cars (IMO). Adam just has to put a snide comment at the end of everything he says which in his mind is funny, but I dunno. They test drive a few cars and say "OMG LOOK AT THIS POWER!" and that's about it. Then they bring some guy on the show and have a slot car race (really?) and some other random shit. I know the Car show is in it's first season.. but I I think Adam is killing it (in a bad way).

Top gear USA is better this year, but the first few episodes were Just challenges with no other content. No road test of a supercar, no laps by the stig, no industry news, nothing. However they were much better than last year and actually enjoyable to watch.

The car show is meh, content is better but overall the show is still lacking, Dan Neil (or whatever his name is) is actually very good at what he does and I enjoy his segments. The smoking tire guy is actually an enthusiastic car guy and you can tell he enjoys what he does. John Sally makes no sense to me and contributes very little to the show and Adam , despite being a gear head, bothers me...I think it's his delivery. Teaching hookers to drive stick or cramming as many girls into a mini as possible takes away from the show in my opinion. Just have them sand there and look pretty if you really feel the need to put some of the Man show into your new Car show. Or just focus on cars like the others and you'll need no reason to distract people from how bad the show is.

I'll take Top Gear British style over any other car show period. Hope everyone enjoyed the season premiere on BBC America last night, I sure did.

For the 2 shows you listed Top Gear US is far better then the Car Show, I turned the Car Show off partway in because it was just outright boring. The guys who host Top Gear US aren't very interesting to watch either.

I know I am in the minority on this, but I like Top Gear US. They do a good job making the show for an american demographic now. Top Gear UK is ok when they are testing cars, and doing some of the other stuff. Overall I just can't get into Top Gear UK.

The Car Show made me sad panda.

Top Gear US - I also agree it's gotten better this year and the hosts are clicking a bit better, too. I'm almost looking forward to each episode.

The Car Show - I watch it.

And just fyi for everyone, Top Gear Australia starts a new season on the 30th, I believe.

I just can't get into Top Gear US. The hosts don't have any chemistry, and they seem like half-witted idiots most of the time. At least when the British guys script in stupidity they sell it better. They have had a couple of decent ideas though on the US show, and that's all I'll say for them.

IMHO UK Top Gear is entertaining but not for it's automotive content. US Top Gear suffers from what SOOOO many US shows suffer from: they spend all their air time building up to the actual content and then it is a let down....then they recap the same scenes at the end. What? is digital recording at that much of a premium? You'd think we were still using film and having to have it developed. bleh.

Here is where I differ from most of ther other posters...I really enjoy the Car Show. It's like regular guys sitting around commenting on car guy topics and arguing about most of them. I like the gearhead vs. granola-muncher banter. I think it works. They crack me up. I like that they can appreciate something like the Leaf but then say you have to be a DB to buy one. I like how just when the conversation deteriorates Adam says something completely stupid and they move on to another topic. It is good for ADD types. I also like how in the 0-60 segment they never, ever finish in 60 seconds.

To each their own I guess.