WOW! ugh.

evan9381

as much as i would rather not have WOW, its the better option in my neighborhood (insight being the other). ive honestly not had many issues over the couple years here

until recent...today is the second time in 2 weeks ive had issues. last week, i realized i couldnt get STOH or animal planet in HD (didn't care about animal planet, but grandma was here 2 weekends ago and couldn't watch the Indians game in HD), also had some channels with pixelated lines going across the screen, where the picture/sound would cut out then jump to a few seconds later

WOW comes out saturday morning, all my stuff is fine, they say its a maintenance issue, will send someone out mon/tues...ok.

get home tonight, i have no internet connection. go through all the steps with the woman on the phone, nothing. get to schedule another appointment, again, ruining my saturday morning having to deal with this.

last 2 years - :fuckyeah:

last 2 weeks - :fuuuu:

We had issues when we switched from "regular" to "digital" w/ RR. The problem ended up being the wiring.... all of it! They had to run a new line from the pole outside, all the way to the TV. Apparently, the wire they installed 20 years ago is not up to digital quality :D

KillJoy

my wow sucks as well. and its funny cause wow is the only one that i know of that uses quad sheild cable rest still use tri sheild. i dont believe the problem is here but everywhere. we also have had a bunch of modem problems and channels that dont work. break up so bad u cant evan watch 1 min on the channel before u wana go crazy. whats funny is all my stuff was perfect before their digital transition. or the transition to shit not working as i like to call it.

I dont usually have any problems with WOW but those little fu%&ing boxes are dumb as hell and I hate them to death.

does yours change volume on its own? sometimes when i would adjust the volume the channel would change. i know a few people that said theirs does the same.

I had nothing but bad luck with them for 5ish months. Never a stable internet connection and they changed EVERYTHING. TV was fine, but the layout looked like it was designed in 1995.

Have Time Warner now and its 100% better - maybe $5 more a month.

HA HA, yes it does. I thought it was just me.

i asked them about it, they said it was my tv. then i said it does it on every tv the boxes are on then they said its normal for cable to change 15db +/- on its own and they have had zero issues with those boxes.

i asked them about it, they said it was my tv. then i said it does it on every tv the boxes are on then they said its normal for cable to change 15db +/- on its own and they have had zero issues with those boxes.

I have 5 of them in my house and 3 of them do this. The other two are fine.

wiring is a common issue with cable, coax honestly isnt that great, i was a tech support agent for verizon fios (not in ohio) and i hated it but then again we only dealt with like 2 percent of customers but those 2 percent usually are ANGRY from repetative calling

• 2 weeks later...

after today, WOW has thoroughly pissed me off

last week, the tech came out, tried a new box, checked my box on the house, then said he would try to run a line right from the main box to my cable box to see if it was between the box and my house. went to the neighbors house to get to the box in their back yard, but the gate was locked, so he said he left a note on their door letting them know they needed to get to the box in their back yard, and to call. he said that if there was no response, eventually they could get the police out to cut the lock because they need to have right of way to their box.

he told me they'd be back this saturday (since i work during the week and can't meet them m-f)

today, i call when no one showed up, and the girl, who from minute 1 had an attitude, told me i had an appointment for them to come out tuesday, and when they came, no one was home...NO SHIT. she said they called me and there was no voice mail, which is a flat out lie, as i have VM on my cell phone, which is the only number they have for me.

so she said she'd check to see if someone could come out this weekend, but if not, it would be yet another week until someone could come out when i'd be home...so the girl said she talked to dispatch and they want me to go to my neighbors house, (mind you, this isnt next door, its behind my house, so i'd have to go around the block, and i dont even know these people, ive seen them maybe 3x since theyve moved in) and check to see when they're going to be home before WOW will send someone out

after hearing this, i started to get pissed, and let the girl know it wasn't my responsibility to find out when they would be home so WOW could get to THEIR box. i pay the bill monthly, i expect service monthly...so she said she would talk to the dispatcher again, after being on hold a few minutes, (total call time at this point is 35:56), she hangs up on me

so i get to go through all this bullshit AGAIN with someone else

fuck WOW. how are they going to say i need to go to find out when someone else is home so they can come do work...what happens if they're going to be home at certain hours and WOW can't make it out?

i meant to update saturday...

they did get someone out at about 6pm, who thought the problem i was having was internet. once i explained that it was cable, she checked a few things, then another guy showed up

they were able to get into the neighbors back yard, ran a line straight from the box in their back yard to my box on the house. channels were coming through, but still pixelated

i guess from what the guy said, a bunch of the levels coming from the box were WAY too high, and they would have to get maintenance out there to mess with that, and they have to have someone come in the next week or so to bury the new line that will have to go to my house from the neighbors yard. right now, theres a big ass cable stretched across my back yard

Sounds just like the picture quality I had with Time Warner, with all brand new coax lines everywhere. Streaming is better quality even if I rarely get anything in HD, so I very happily dropped cable and only have internet. Cable sucks. If I were to ever bother getting it again, I'd just do satellite. At least then I know when it goes to shit, its from a storm, not because the service is complete shit.