Insurance.

mrs.cos

Do your self a favor and get a rider on your homeowner policy. Its cheap, it covers you if stuff gets lost, stolen, or broken.

camera gear is expensive, if you arent a pro, but have more than 2-300 bucks invested, its worth it.

Someone picked up a flash of mine that had not made its way back into my bag last week, and now i have to file a claim for it.

No cost out of pocket, and its not goign to affect my homeowners because its under 1K claim.

Also, make sure you take pictures of all your camera equipmetn (this includes grips, syncs, mounts, tripods, bags, fat geckos)

No, i was at homestead park. It was a flash with trigger. I had 3 lights with me, and somehow it got left behind in the packing of equipment. I now have a checklist to take with me so i can check for everthing before i leave.

I didnt realize it was gone and a week later found an ad on craigslist for my gear, contacted the guy and he said he gave up and gave it to a missionary on thier way to brazil at thier church.

I havent heard back from him since. :(

I was curious about this and called my insurance. As I thought camera was covered under home insurance. but if I don't want to have a deductibe, specifically on camera equipment he said it would be $14 (p/year) per every $1000 insured. Which isn't bad.