Would shat my pants if I was behind the windshield...

RC K9

It's more suprising than anything. Had the pope glass get impacted by a couple PKM rounds when I was in Iraq. That glass is stronger than any steel or composite armor out there. That glass has defeated many of the EFP's that could've killed many soldiers including a few in my company if it weren't for that glass. You'd be amazed at what that glass can take.

It's more suprising than anything. Had the pope glass get impacted by a couple PKM rounds when I was in Iraq. That glass is stronger than any steel or composite armor out there. That glass has defeated many of the EFP's that could've killed many soldiers including a few in my company if it weren't for that glass. You'd be amazed at what that glass can take.

sometimes I think about the stories that you and a few members here could most likely tell that would keep people awake at night. hmmmm

So would a terrorist with an AK only fire three rounds?

Even with a belt fed PKM, it was rare we got more than a few impacts. We never took a direct hit from an RPG, bit the glass sure soaked up the shrapnel from it. IED's were the normal culprit in cracking the hell out of our glass. Between tires and glass, it got annoying to swap both out on a weekly basis.

Even with a belt fed PKM, it was rare we got more than a few impacts. We never took a direct hit from an RPG, bit the glass sure soaked up the shrapnel from it. IED's were the normal culprit in cracking the hell out of our glass. Between tires and glass, it got annoying to swap both out on a weekly basis.

EFP's are what scare the crap out of me. That's what hit my brother. Hot molten copper, not sure this glass would stop that...

EFP's are what scare the crap out of me. That's what hit my brother. Hot molten copper, not sure this glass would stop that...

You'd be suprised what the glass will stop. It has defeated quite a few of the EFP's, but not all. My company had one of our M2A2 Bradley's ripped into by either a rocket or EFP that took my buddy's legs with it. Not to mention, we had a few M1A2 SEP 3 Abrams tanks taken out by IED's. Here's one of my platoon's trucks after it was hit with an EFP. This was circa late 05' when we first hit ground for our 2nd tour. This is considered to be part of the 1% that hit EFP's

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/39889_414612903130_749668130_4864721_2959194_n.jpg

Straight through the engine block and some how bounced off the firewall. My friends were pretty damn lucky that day.

Didn't know you served....

Now that I know,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!