2003 Chevy Blazer Brake Light & ABS Light Come On Intermittently Info Inside

mustangman2011

Ok thanks for the answers so far. Is it dangerous to drive it while the light is on? Does anybody on here have a good enough scanner?

Dangerous? I doubt it, as long as it has fluid in it the regular brakes will work. I work at a dealer so I have access, but thats not going to help you unless you want to pay.

dealer or someone that has a scanner that will read ABS. could be a speed sensor, EBCM or even a BPMV. 02-03 were bad years for GM ABS on trucks and i replaced a lot of EBCMs because of it.

AJ's right, if it's the brake and ABS light, it (should be) an ABS related issue; not foundation brakes.

Not dangerous, it just means your ABS won't work so that's something to be aware of. Don't just lock up/slam on the brakes expecting ABS to take over.

From what I could find your car does have EBD (electronic brake-force distribution). So your car doesn't mechanical proportioning valve but uses the ABS unit to do that. So when your ABS is out, your EBD is out which in certain cases could be unsafe. Again, not a huge worry.