how to carry computer on long trip

cmb

I am in need of some help.

I will be working in MSP for at least a month in July. I plan on riding my bike up there so I am not restricted to just the airport area and the Mall of America. I am unsure how to pack this item in order to get it there.

How do you generally carry your computer with you?

Any help appericated.

I am in need of some help.

I will be working in MSP for at least a month in July. I plan on riding my bike up there so I am not restricted to just the airport area and the Mall of America. I am unsure how to pack this item in order to get it there.

How do you generally carry your computer with you?

Any help appericated.

I have an Axio backpack like this one:

http://www.axio-usa.com/tekno_black.html

It works great.

......backpack?

that's how i usually carry my goods that can't fit into my cavernous vag, tail bag, or pocketses.

if that's going to be a big pain, then... wait, don't you have a cruiser? you should be able to fit massive amounts of luggage all over your bike, can't you?

but srsly, back pack. any will do, unless you can't have one for some reason.

don't fedex computer unless absolutely have to. I know my the agents working my ramp handle bags and cargo, don't trust it to fedex if I want it in one peice. My issue is that it has a 17" screen, so it makes it a little wide for the saddle bags

don't fedex computer unless absolutely have to. I know my the agents working my ramp handle bags and cargo, don't trust it to fedex if I want it in one peice. My issue is that it has a 17" screen, so it makes it a little wide for the saddle bags

The Axio bags hold 17" screens no problem. And they're hard cases incase you wreck. The laptop will be protected.

heh, I shouldn't be recommending Fedex I guess, UPS demolished one of my desktop computers back in the day

but with proper packaging and INSURANCE it would probably be done

if nothing else worked out

I'd just wear a backpack, personally

Trailer bike to destination. Especially for MSP. It can still get cold in July there and ya might want a cage from time to time.

not an option. It is either the bike or the saturn, not both. I will be living in a hotel for a month.

I can't see you depending on a bike for a month, especially for MSP. If you really want to ride, SAMBUSA is spot on. Get a uhaul trailer one way, or borrow one. Or else, take the cage. Do you really want to park your bike outside a hotel for a month?

not an option. It is either the bike or the saturn, not both. I will be living in a hotel for a month.

meh...just go with the car for a month. sounds like too much hassle to take the bike up there, and ive gone through some ridiculous hassle to have my bike with me. (towed a trailer with an integra)

I can't see you depending on a bike for a month, especially for MSP.

The bike is not for everyday use, as I can use the hotel shuttle to get back and forth to work at the airport. What I am looking to use it for is to get away from the hotel and the Mall of America to see more of the city and countryside.

The bike is not for everyday use, as I can use the hotel shuttle to get back and forth to work at the airport. What I am looking to use it for is to get away from the hotel and the Mall of America to see more of the city and countryside.

Understood.

But still, do you really want to park your bike in a hotel parking lot for 30 days?

But still, do you really want to park your bike in a hotel parking lot for 30 days?

If his hotel is near MOA (Mall of America) there ain't jack shit out there as far as people, so theft won't really be an issue. Plus if you let the front desk know your bike is there, they do a good job of keeping an eye on it.

purchase a laptop ship box from Staples or such. Hell, I've purchased several laptops from Dell, and everyone that was shipped arrived w/o issues. Those laptop ship boxes are damn near bullet proof.

Those laptop ship boxes are damn near bullet proof.

They may be bulletproof, but I know how luggage gets handled and I just have a hard time trusting my computer to FEDEX or UPS. Maybe it because I have seen what happens to normal bags when traveling.

May I can fit one of those boxes in my normal duffle bag that I carry my uniform in when I ride to work.

If his hotel is near MOA (Mall of America) there ain't jack shit out there as far as people, so theft won't really be an issue. Plus if you let the front desk know your bike is there, they do a good job of keeping an eye on it.

To each his own. I wouldn't entrust the safety of my bike to the front desk of the hotel. Especially if someone comes calling at 4am and said desk person is napping. I guess I'm funny that way.

In my eyes, theft is always an issue, no matter how many people are around. I guess I'm jaded.:dunno:

Edited by InyaAzz

To each his own. I wouldn't entrust the safety of my bike to the front desk of of hotel. Especially if someone comes calling at 4am and said desk person is napping. I guess I'm funny that way.

In my eyes, theft is always an issue, no matter how many people are around. I guess I'm jaded.:dunno:

I'm right there with ya. I'd be parking it in the hotel room. If I couldn't do that, it has an alarm and a RoadLok but I'd still be checking that shit every hour or so

Park near light pole, lock forks and then cable lock to said light pole. Ideally, light pole would be in direct view of front door and security camera(s). I still vote for using laptop shipping box. I've shipped my laptop all over the world (England, Canada, damn near all 50 states), and have NEVER had a problem with the laptop. The box got f'd, but the laptop was unscathed.