Ipad questions

wnaplay1647545503

I know very little about the ipad but had a few questions.

1. Is there an Ipad that can get free internet service like a cell phone gets it? My mom has an ipad and doesnt think she has a bill for it but gets service.

2. Can an ipad be used as a wifi hub so if someone was using an ipad close to me I would get service on my laptop?

3. Whats the difference between 1 and 2?

Thanks in advance.

I know very little about the ipad but had a few questions.

1. Is there an Ipad that can get free internet service like a cell phone gets it? My mom has an ipad and doesnt think she has a bill for it but gets service.

2. Can an ipad be used as a wifi hub so if someone was using an ipad close to me I would get service on my laptop?

3. Whats the difference between 1 and 2?

Thanks in advance.

1. There is a 3G iPad, yes.

2. Yes. Jailbreak the iPad, install PDANet or MyWi, have fun.

3. Que?

It was bought from verizon and although she has a verizon phone(blackberry), nothing has ever shown up on her bill for it. I potentially need an ipad for a project but I need service, is it an option to have it work even if its with a service plan, in otherwords can I buy a plan so it basically getsinternet like a phone does? Also either they havent realized they should charge my mom for service or something because she does get service with it when theres obviously no wifi in range. I know she takes it to tennessee and gets service and theres nothing for miles and miles.

Another thought, could I just get a mifi box from verizon and use this as a connection point for an ipad and a laptop?

Sorry, difference between ipad 1 and ipad 2.

It was bought from verizon and although she has a verizon phone(blackberry), nothing has ever shown up on her bill for it. I potentially need an ipad for a project but I need service, is it an option to have it work even if its with a service plan, in otherwords can I buy a plan so it basically getsinternet like a phone does? Also either they havent realized they should charge my mom for service or something because she does get service with it when theres obviously no wifi in range. I know she takes it to tennessee and gets service and theres nothing for miles and miles.

Another thought, could I just get a mifi box from verizon and use this as a connection point for an ipad and a laptop?

Sorry, difference between ipad 1 and ipad 2.

Yes on the mifi thing. As a matter of fact, there was a carrier at one point selling Mifi's with WiFi iPads. I think it was Sprint.

The iPad 1 has a single core A4 processor, the iPad 2 has a dual core A5 processor, along with cameras front and rear and is shaped differently. A few other negligable differences too.

I know with AT&T their iPad plans are pay as you go. Can't speak for verizon.

I plan on using this as a point of sale(pos) terminal or basically a cash register minus the drawer. This will be the primary use of the ipad. Theres a company that another member uses for his business that will give you a credit card reader that plugs into the ipad so you can accept credit cards. I will need service for this but also will need service for a laptop in the same space to access the internet.

Based on that whats my best plan of attck? Ipad 1 or 2, the mifi box, 3g ipad and jailbreaking fpr the laptop access? Really, I just need the thing to be secure so nobody can access the cards I scan.

I plan on using this as a point of sale(pos) terminal or basically a cash register minus the drawer. This will be the primary use of the ipad. Theres a company that another member uses for his business that will give you a credit card reader that plugs into the ipad so you can accept credit cards. I will need service for this but also will need service for a laptop in the same space to access the internet.

Based on that whats my best plan of attck? Ipad 1 or 2, the mifi box, 3g ipad and jailbreaking fpr the laptop access? Really, I just need the thing to be secure so nobody can access the cards I scan.

If I was you I would buy an ipad with 3G service and only use that. If you are not playing games on it there really isn't a reason for an ipad 2 that I can think of. Maybe only if you want to use facechat or whatever it is called (video chat with other apple users).

Nope, just need it to be able to use with this credit card reader, no games or chat. Anyone know what the 3g service runs a month on the ipad, and is the jailbroken mifi thing a secured setup? I dont want someone in the parking lot hooked up to the same connection I am running cards on.

If you are using it for a business I wouldn't jailbreak it or run things like mifi that the carriers wouldn't be happy about you running. If it was for personal use, sure do whatever, but don't want to do anything that could fuck up your income.

Some ipad's are wifi only, some run off wifi or 3G through ATT or Verizon. If you get one that is 3G capable, you will have to pay for it through the phone carrier. This would be your best option.

Shop around for the the plan that works best for you, keeping in mind one that works on Verizon won't work on ATT, and vice versa.

I run credit cards via Square on my Android Phone, my wife's iPhone and my ipad via wifi. You can setup security on the mifi.

Sorry to thread jack but, this would be a hell of a way to accept wagers at the track. No cash? Pull out your CC and put your money where your mouth is or shutup!

The iPad 2 seems to be quite a bit faster but you can save a good chunk of money buying an iPad 1. Using it for business you don't wanna take the risk of a jailbreak app not working right or your cell provider shutting you down (not likely but possible non the less). Get yourself a 3G wifi iPad 2 and you wont have to worry about issues other than being out of service area. They're worth the price all day long. I use mine for many different facets of my business and there's no doubt that it helps me be quite a bit more productive. Just my 2cents