Haunted House - kid-friendly?

zeitgeist57

My 3+ year old daughter is a wild child...loves skeletons, ghosts, all that spooky stuff. I've been taking her to some of these pop-up Halloween stores so she can get her ya-ya's with all the decorations and costumes.

Today, I had a revelation: my sweet little daughter needs to check out a haunted house!

Are there any in the area that are scary, but more family friendly? We're going to Boo at the Zoo next month, but I would be glad to take her somewhere locally this weekend if it's family friendly. I've heard the Haunted Hoochie is pretty expensive...but is it decent? FWIW it would be her first time. I'm pretty sure anyone wearing a skull mask and doing a half-hearted attempt to scare her would freak her out...

Looking for ideas to weigh...see if she's ready for this yet...

all i know is haunted hoochie smells like welfare

I know some local churches or YMCAs had kid friendly haunted houses when i was a kid in gahanna. Check your local newspaper?

And if shes a history buff.....Mansfield haunted prison.

http://www.hauntedx.com/

Haunted Hoochie used to have live rock bands that were a lil on the harder side. Then you have your pot getting smoked and drunk idiots to deal with. I wouldn't take a kid to the haunted hoochie. Not till grade school at least. just my opinion.

Yea the haunted hoochie is deff not for kids way to much gore and theirs a lot og people sinking pot just not a good place for a child

Haunted Hoochie used to have live rock bands that were a lil on the harder side. Then you have your pot getting smoked and drunk idiots to deal with. I wouldn't take a kid to the haunted hoochie. Not till grade school at least. just my opinion.

Makes complete sense: by grade school most kids are drunk stoners that enjoy a good hard rock cover band.

I would wait longer than that. That would be terrifying for a child. We went last year, got there around 8 and waited 4 hours in line before we even got in. not worth it IMHO