Don't take people for granted...

RC K9

OK, so I just want to say this; don't take the people that help you out, both on and off CR for granted. I lived in Columbus for 10 years before moving here to TX. Over that 10 years, I made some really good friends pretty much by accident, and some others through Columbus Racing. Over those 10 years, and through the people I met, I, like many others on here, had a "support network" so to speak. I need tires, alignment, etc, I hit up Derek @ NTB. I need parts for my Talon, I hit up Dave/Leigh at O' Reilly and get the hookup on parts. I need to learn tricks on working on my DSM, I hit up this old guy I met randomly 8 years ago, Don, by knocking on his door as a new DSM owner and having seen a DSM in his front yard and see if he has parts for sale. That was 8 years ago and him, his family, and I are now very close.

My point is, whatever I needed, I knew who to hit up, and help was there. Now that I live in TX, I have no support network. No one at NTB to help me out, no one at O Reilly's to hook me up on parts, nope, full retail on all that ish. I know I know, negotiate between shops. That works if you need a full set of tires and an alignment, but like in my situation right now where I only need one tire and an alignment, and some other tires I own mounted on some tims, I have no clout so I am going to have to pay retail. I go to autozon or O Reilly's, nobody recognizes me, knows my name, etc.

Now, not that paying retail is necessarily a bad thing, and I am not trying to sound like a cheapskate, but just saying, those people that help you out and hook you up, make sure to thank them and when you do, do it with sincerity because it sucks when you no longer have that availabale to you.

I also got a lot of my business dog training from CR members. I appreciate the business, and some were repeat customers. I sincerely appreciate it. Hopefully I was able to give you what you needed and you certainly were able to help me not just financially, but also to futher my education and understanding of dogs, since they are all different.

I personally have never knowingly taken anyones help or kindness for granted. I have always appreciated the help CR members and other's have given me over the years, and tried my best to make sure they know I am sincere when I say "thank you." But no longer having that, it puts into a greater scope how much it sucks when that kind of support is no longer available.

Just wanted to put that out there. The next time someone hooks you up or helps you out, make sure to sincerely thank them, because it would suck if they weren't available to help you out.

I have a very good friend thats living in DFW. He cant help you out on car stuff but he can get the best bud around and he always needs bailed out a couple times a year.

Let me know if you need a friend in the area.

By "bud" I am assuming you mean "budweiser." ;)

I have to deal with this often with as much as I move. It just means you need to get out there and build a base just like you did here. New friends, new hookups, etc. It's a new life and adventure! I will say it gets harder as you get older to start anew. Nah, not harder, I think you just have less of an inclination to do it. lol

I have to deal with this often with as much as I move. It just means you need to get out there and build a base just like you did here. New friends, new hookups, etc. It's a new life and adventure! I will say it gets harder as you get older to start anew. Nah, not harder, I think you just have less of an inclination to do it. lol

I am trying but like I said, took me 10 years to get where I was before. Not saying it can't be done, just saying it sucks when it disappears and you have to start all over again.

I have a very good friend thats living in DFW. He cant help you out on car stuff but he can get the best bud around and he always needs bailed out a couple times a year.

Let me know if you need a friend in the area.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/not%20sure%20if%20serious/grand/alain_delon_gif.gif

lmao.

Thanks for the post rc k9. Puts things into perspective.

Don the dsm guy off shull rd in gahanna? my buddy bought a car or two off him...guy knows his shit

Yup. Don Jordan. Guy has owned more dsms than anybody I have ever met. Really knows his stuff. Great friend. Helped me out on a lot of stuff, not limited to cars either.

I've met a lot of awesome people because of this board and a ton of you guys have helped me out, i've come over and wrenched for folks or held stuff for em in the past, helped people move and unfortunately even seen some friends leave us forever. This has become more than just some message board for me regardless the drama and how frequent or infrequent I post. CR IS a home for me and as long as its around it always will be provided the same caliber of people stick around.

Now im going to go murder shit because that's what men do. Lata.