Bronze Schwarzenegger statue to be erected in Columbus

Sturg1647545502

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02010/Schwarzenegger_2010788c.jpg

The 64-year-old, who was named Mr Universe aged 20, has ordered three bronze creations that will stand eight foot high and weigh 580lb each.

One is destined for the recently-opened Schwarzenegger museum in his childhood home of Thal, Austria.

Another will be shipped to Columbus, Ohio, where the annual Arnold Fitness Weekend is held.

The actor will keep the third one, and is considering commissioning further likenesses.

He said he chose a bodybuilding pose because that's what launched his career in the United States.

RELATED ARTICLES

Arnold Schwarzenegger wears T-shirt saying 'I survived Maria' 10 Aug 2011

Arnie museum opens in Austria 31 Jul 2011

Arnold Schwarzenegger's childhood home becomes a museum 30 Jul 2011

Arnold Schwarzenegger returns to Hollywood 12 Jul 2011

Timeline: Arnold Schwarzenegger's year from hell 12 Jul 2011

"It was the bodybuilding that got me to America, that got me into movies, that got me the governorship," he said.

"That's where I learned about reaching out and helping other people."

Sculpted by Ralph Crawford, the bronze was cast by Tim Parks of TW Bronze in Oregon.

Mr Parks said Mr Schwarzenegger was pleased with the finished product and two more have been ordered.

“He kept saying, ‘It is fantastic!’” Mr Parks said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8791928/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-commissions-statues-of-himself.html

ah when bodybuilding was a show of asthetics and not over blown GH guts.... :nono:

oh and...

The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump. Let's say you train your biceps. Blood is rushing into your muscles and that's what we call The Pump. You muscles get a really tight feeling, like your skin is going to explode any minute, and it's really tight - it's like somebody blowing air into it, into your muscle. It just blows up, and it feels really different. It feels fantastic. It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven.