?? To the electrical expert

Forrest Gump 9

I have this little project going. I have one gauge for temperature, but I want to monitor two things, water temp and AIT. As of right now I can monitor only one of the two at a time. I'm just wondering if there is a simple switch/relay that I can use so that by flipping a switch I can monitor water temp and flipping it back I can monitor AIT? Is there such a thing. Thanks in advance.

So this gauge can have either sensor hooked up to it? A simple 5 pin relay could be used to do what your asking if it works the way I think it does. Flip switch to energize relay and get signal from the other sensor.

Agreed. Post a wiring diagram for the gauge and any specs you have for it (if it uses 5v or what for the sense wire)

So this gauge can have either sensor hooked up to it? A simple 5 pin relay could be used to do what your asking if it works the way I think it does. Flip switch to energize relay and get signal from the other sensor.

Yes, both sensors work fine with the gauge.

So any five pins relay will work? Thank

Yes, both sensors work fine with the gauge.

So any five pins relay will work? Thank

Assuming there's only one sensor wire, most sensors have a 5v reference, ground and a signal, yes any aftermarket 5 pin relay can work. You just need to know the signal wire and splice accordingly.

Just buy a SPDT switch. The common will be your gauge, the L1 will be the output from one sensor. The L2 will be the other sensor output.

No reason for a relay.

McMaster 7343K243

PM if you need more help.