Joel wants a toy

OGRE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbo cars are awesome. DSM? Cheap, easy to work on, easy to mod, giant piles of shit, infinitely fun to drive (because if you push it and wreck you won't care).

Or, want to drive my turbo Kraut Box?

Fairly certain he wont' be getting into a 335 for $4500.

:dumb:

thanks guys, out all day so i'll reply to everyone, and keep em coming if you think of more, or run across a very good deal.

If you look you can find a 96-98 cobra in your price range and are very fun reliable cars.

not so much, it's actually hard to find nice 96-98 GTs for that price. in the last couple months i've found only a couple cobras inn that range and they have been ragged out.

What about a Jeep Wrangler?

It's 2wd part time

It's 2 doors

It can be found for under 4500

And it can be hooned.

not really, they really hold thier value well, a 97-98 will still demand 7k in good condition.

They really aren't any harder than anything else once you are familiar with them. That being said, I agree with everyone else saying stick with a Mustang, it's fits the criteria for budget, fun factor, parts availability etc. It's crazy how cheap you can find them with a bit of patience waiting for the right one to pop up.

yeah, your car is gorgous BTW.

why not the 94-95 mustang same body style but easier and cheaper to make power

i've had 289, 351w and 302's, also owned 7 mod motors, and i think modulars are like putting legos together compared to windsors. But you are right the 94-95's are cheaper, i may take a hard look at that as well and research 5.0 stuff a bit more. Also i'm a little partial because at least in my expierience a 4.6 stock short blocks have held up a bit better than my windsor stuff.

R3vlimited.com

Shit my bro just sold a minty southern 318is for like 2k.

I had an s50 in my e30, shit was a blast.

Oooo yes, very nice. I went down to enthusiast auto in cincy to check out a heavily modded s52 swapped 95 318ti, and the guy had several e30 m3 and half were s50/52 swaps. Such beautiful things. Wish I had the time and money to keep my 328is.

How far are you willing to travel to get a car you're interested in?

i've had 289, 351w and 302's, also owned 7 mod motors, and i think modulars are like putting legos together compared to windsors. But you are right the 94-95's are cheaper, i may take a hard look at that as well and research 5.0 stuff a bit more. Also i'm a little partial because at least in my expierience a 4.6 stock short blocks have held up a bit better than my windsor stuff.

I know what you mean my first car was a 96 GT, slow or not they will always have a reserved spot in my mind

Edited by Mahle

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/2608140888.html

if i could only find a 99+ wrecked for under 2500?

actually i think i'm just going to lurk untill i find something that i really like, i've always been the person that right after i buy something i see something else that would have been better if i would have waited, with it being winter, who knows, economy is bad maybe somone will have to pay thier heating bills and i'll get lucky.

Edited by OGRE

If ya wanna blow yur hole wad on a car u can find a new edge for sub 5k. I picked up a 00gt 5spd, lthr, 18" bullits and catback w/ 75k miles on it for 4200. Just gotta find that idiot that needs cash. ;)

But they're slow... Personally I'd do a 94-95 5.0 and an on3 turbo kit. :)

i really dont like new edge cars that much, and the only fox i would own is a coupe. i've looked into 94-95 cars and they take just as much engine work to make power as modulars do, niether 5.0 or non-pi cars do well with stock heads.

i was almost impressed with that 02 untill i realized it has 200k. i know i'm getting picky LOL

but thanks for the finds, that 94 up by cleveland never answered his phone, or got back with me. i'm looking but you guys have talent in finding stuff.

i know exactly what i do want but cant find one, a nice 1996 GT 248a car, power nothing. . . can't find them anywhere