OHIO MILE RACE DATES FOR 2012

Buckeye1647545503

Where is this going to happen and how much to enter?

Unless something changes AND IT COULD, these are past fees....

To race with the East Coast Timing Association you must:

1. Become a member. Membership is $50 per calendar year. If you join on or after July 1, membership is $25 for the remainder of the calendar year. Membership includes one copy of the current rule book, free entry to spectate at any ECTA event and newsletters to keep you up-to-date on the happenings of our organization. Any person driving/riding a race vehicle in our events must be a current member.

2. Prepare your car or motorcycle to meet our safety requirements. You must also comply with the safety rules for proper gear to protect your body. All procedures for compliance are covered in the current rule book, and any mid-year changes or additions can be found on the web site’s link to Rule Book Addenda. To order a rule book, send $10 to: ECTA, 206 Sylvan Drive, Enterprise, AL 36330. Remember, you get a rule book with your membership. Rule books may also be purchased at the track.

3. Get a number and logbook. Each vehicle competing must have a unique vehicle number and a logbook. Logbooks are available at the track at the Registration Trailer for $10. The logbook is used for all future ECTA events. For information on getting a vehicle number, click here.

4. Register to run in the event. Registration is $100, if you pre-register. Pre-entries MUST be received one week prior to the event. If you register at the track, the registration fee is $120. Registration is per vehicle, per event weekend for the class in which you initially register. Class changes are an additional $50 for the first such change and $25 for each additional change, and can be paid at the event. Driver/rider changes are free of charge. There is no discount for multiple vehicles entered by a single member or for running just one day of the event.

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

It's at Wilmington Airpark the old DHL hub just SW of Columbus... http://www.airnav.com/airport/KILN

http://www.clintoncountyohgis.org/DownloadData/ArchivedMaps/Air%20Park/AirPArkObliqueA.jpg

It should be a GREAT time! I won't make the first event but hope to be out there for a few others...

april is too soon for all the slow projects around here...

I've done 2 motor swaps, one being a full built motor, int he past month-two evenings a week in my spare time.

Your either motivated, or your not. Its not the car's fault. Unless your fabrication the majority of your build, its a matter of Turing the bolts....

I've done 2 motor swaps, one being a full built motor, int he past month-two evenings a week in my spare time.

Your either motivated, or your not. Its not the car's fault. Unless your fabrication the majority of your build, its a matter of Turing the bolts....

im just referencing history.

Website says safety regulations listed in the rulebook, then says you need a rulebook sent you.

Anybody have the rulebook or done this before? Do you need a full cage? Or what do you need?

Most of this was posted in the other thread, or you can go to Landracing.com and read the forums.

No cage under 135, 135+ 4-point bar, and 6-point for 150+ and other stuff...

Why can't the rulebook just be posted onlilne? lol.

Some of it is but the rules change almost every year so they don't want it online and misquoted. Not to mention old guys are running it, PLUS they can charge you for a rule book everytime you want/need a CURRENT one... :dumb:

Sounds like a certain Orange Vette needs to find a clutch and a built 6-speed :)

Without the launch obviously (No sticky DR's) I would be interested to see how fast it could go in the 1/2-mile.

Jeff

This would be nice to see.....pretty much just roll of the line and then once it starts hooking at 100+ put the beans to it... ;)

$150 is a lot to race for two days as FAST as you want.... :wtf:

Yeah, I guess you gotta point but I don't know. Still seems a bit excessive but I guess it'll help with attendance by weeding out a bunch of ricers topping out at 120.