Home owners associations

V8 Beast

Does anyone have one that actually does their job? We are on our third in 5 years and they all suck. Dont regularly check the area, dont quality check the work of the contractors they hire, dont act when neighbors report problems, etc. If you have one that does more than collect checks please post their name.

Thank you.

We have to have one for landscaping and what not, but I have to agree. I was just talking to my neighbors and from the sounds of it they put more work into collecting money than they do to earn it.

I have a neighbor that hasnt taken his trash can from the curb in 2 months and another thats grass was 2 feet high all summer (I ended up cutting it and cussing the guy out). A few neighbors made calls but nothing happened... worthless.

I would never pay someone to tell me what I can and can't do on property I paid for. Renting? Sure. But when I buy a house, an HOA would be a deal-breaker.

They seem good an idea, but they tend to be a bunch of abnormal nobodies telling other people how to live their lives. Thus, they are a deal breaker for me, too.

My HOA actually put lein's on peoples homes for not paying thier due's, as well as had lawyers threaten legal action for a few people that put playsets on "common areas" instead of their own yard. They claimed that their yard would feel so small if the swing set were in it.

I have a neighbor that hasnt taken his trash can from the curb in 2 months and another thats grass was 2 feet high all summer (I ended up cutting it and cussing the guy out). A few neighbors made calls but nothing happened... worthless.

We have a nieghbor who was like this. His excuse was he travels a lot, etc...but all we know is it's a very nice house that he's letting go to hell. One day I say and older guy (neighbor) from down the street walk his craftsman mower over there. He fucking scalped the lawn damn near to the ground. Made a complete fucking mess for about about 2 hrs while the guy was gone. Couple more helped out blowing all the clippings into a pile.

I think he got the hint as right afterwards, he had landscapers there for 2-3 days straight and now every weekend, they come cut his lawn.

We have a nieghbor who was like this. His excuse was he travels a lot, etc...but all we know is it's a very nice house that he's letting go to hell. One day I say and older guy (neighbor) from down the street walk his craftsman mower over there. He fucking scalped the lawn damn near to the ground. Made a complete fucking mess for about about 2 hrs while the guy was gone. Couple more helped out blowing all the clippings into a pile.

I think he got the hint as right afterwards, he had landscapers there for 2-3 days straight and now every weekend, they come cut his lawn.

:lol:

HOAs are a small insurance policy in neighborhoods where you think other owners may cause issues, or potentially effect your property value.

on that note, i think they are a fucking racket, and a waste. usually the dickheads running them are money grubbing bastards, and don't actually do anything about the real issues, but bitch about the small things that other home owners are doing.

Min sends out letters to people about weeds in their flower beds when the people have perfect landscaping. Eff them and douchebag neighbors than have nothing better to do than make other people's lives miserable. I plan on moving out of this neighborhood in a few years and having a bit of land so I don't have to deal with this crap.

Min sends out letters to people about weeds in their flower beds when the people have perfect landscaping. Eff them and douchebag neighbors than have nothing better to do than make other people's lives miserable. I plan on moving out of this neighborhood in a few years and having a bit of land so I don't have to deal with this crap.

I got that warning and final warning once. I RIPPED into them. I took timstamped pics the first letter they sent, showing that the garden was clear, then got the final warning 25 days later. I sent them the pictures with a strongly worded letter from my attorney threatening harrasment (which is true, an HOA can only send you notices about bylaws that are filed with the county recorder that are actually broken) and I've never heard another peep about my flower beds lol

Our HOA was the same way, however they didnt really collect on our 65.00 a year dues very diligantly. The cheapest I have ever heard of, by the way. That is why I ran for the HOA. I wanted to know where all this money was going and what it was being used for. This is why I ran for the HOA.

The management company are usually responsible for collecting the dues, maintaining the finances at the direction of the HOA Board. Since our HOA was pretty much non existant for the last 5 years we have had a ton of work. I literally work several hours a day evey day on this HOA stuff and I don't get paid for any of it.

Your HOA has to be willing to put the work in or they will be worthless. Our current HOA Board has completed more this year, tahn any board in the last 10 years combined.

You have to be willing to make things better, give all of the residents a voice and let them be part of the decision making and not nit pick people to death. We have had to deal with a few residents but it was for major stuff like mold growing on the outside of the houses and what not.

The HOA has a lot of power but not as much as they try to lead everyone to believe. The city controls 90% of what oour issues are regarding. I am on the phone or 311 website every day. The key is just to keep on them, bug the shit out of them and you will get results.