Combat boot review. Come on in for happy feet

Mojoe

Everyone knows your feet and your rifle are your first priories of care in the military. I've been through A LOT of boots. I resoled them to the ripple tread long ago. In 1994 I bought a pair of Danners that were black and went with the BDU at the time. I still have them and they have held up amazingly and are very light and comfortable. In 2004 in Iraq I was issued a verity of tan boot's that were "ok". Very seldom will I buy equipment outside of what is issued. Because what we get, isn't all that bad. Mostly though, it's because I see a trend in soldiers buying "after market" for fashion reasons and to look or feel cool. That shit has no place in what I feel the military should be. Function over looks is always my position. I just could not get the pair I was wearing to be comfortable. I put it off for months. I was told we were getting new, great boots during our train up before deployment. It never happened.

That said, I bought a pair of boots in June. $135 and many try on sessions later; I bought the most comfortable boot I have worn in uniform. Tactical Research is a division of Belleville Boots. They make a boot called the KHYBER 360. It's light weight; wish was a huge issue for me after years of carrying a pack and beating up my joints snowboarding. These things are feather light. I have always bought a separate insole to get boots to fit right in the past. These already have an orthopedic insole in them. It's literally like my foot gets a hug every time I put my boots on. The break in time was less than a day. No blisters either! The climate I have been in has been 95-125 degrees every day since June. You might think there is some serious foot oder at the end of the day. Nope. I can't believe it myself. I mean, my foot should be putting off some tremendous funk. So that tells me my feet are breathing well in the boot, good. But how are they in the wet? Great there too. I spent at least 5 minutes in ankle+ deep water "assisting a soldier" in reminding them to secure their gear. My feet were dry the whole time. I'm not saying they are water proof. I'm saying my feet didn't get wet, that's all. I will wear this boot out of uniform for hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, or just shoveling snow.

And now the best BAD news and reason for me make this post. The boot's seam tore in 2 spots within 3 months. Small tears, the size of a dime and a nickel maybe. You have to be pissed at that, right? No, don't be. The boot is guaranteed 12 months for replacement of any flaw except broken boot laces. I was told this when I bought them and now I wanted to put it to the test. I really like the comfort of these boots. So I call Tactical Research up expecting the run around. They told me to email them a picture of the damage, and include my address and size.

I said what about the receipt?

"If you have it, that's great, but we are shipping you a new pair either way".

Ok, so when I get the new ones, do I send the old one's back?

"Nope, throw them in the field if you like".

So basically I could be scamming the hell out of them and only have to have a picture of a boot with a flaw. No proof of purchase or when I purchased.

I had a confirmation email in 36 hours after my email with shipping and tracking numbers.

Boots arrived 6 days later and are perfect. That is the way customer service should be.

I'm not able to open Bellville's web site to link the boot info from this computer, but these are the boots.

http://www.patriotsurplus.com/btr360.html?productid=btr360&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProducts&utm_campaign=PatriotSurplus

I tried my first pair of Oakley boots in Iraq and have worn them ever since. The Blackhawk boots are nice for colder weather, but hands down, the oakley's feel like wearing a pair of running shoes. I used to wear the Altama OD green jungles back when BDU's were in fashion myself. Leather boots in Texas were never a good thing, unless we went out in the field during the fall or winter.

Interesting. Silly question but do you think the other models in the color black would be the same? Im due for a new pair of work boots here shortly.

I have no reason to think they would be of lesser quality or comfort. And the price, I have seen them for $93.

I tried my first pair of Oakley boots in Iraq and have worn them ever since. The Blackhawk boots are nice for colder weather, but hands down, the oakley's feel like wearing a pair of running shoes.

We are seeing the Oakley boots are falling apart. If you have a desk job or put little wear on boots, the comfort is there for sure, but the life has been short for being in the field. I know you are not at a desk, so luck you Scotty.

Everyone knows your feet and your rifle are your first priories of care in the military. I've been through A LOT of boots. I resoled them to the ripple tread long ago. In 1994 I bought a pair of Danners that were black and went with the BDU at the time. I still have them and they have held up amazingly and are very light and comfortable. In 2004 in Iraq I was issued a verity of tan boot's that were "ok". Very seldom will I buy equipment outside of what is issued. Because what we get, isn't all that bad. Mostly though, it's because I see a trend in soldiers buying "after market" for fashion reasons and to look or feel cool. That shit has no place in what I feel the military should be. Function over looks is always my position. I just could not get the pair I was wearing to be comfortable. I put it off for months. I was told we were getting new, great boots during our train up before deployment. It never happened.

That said, I bought a pair of boots in June. $135 and many try on sessions later; I bought the most comfortable boot I have worn in uniform. Tactical Research is a division of Belleville Boots. They make a boot called the KHYBER 360. It's light weight; wish was a huge issue for me after years of carrying a pack and beating up my joints snowboarding. These things are feather light. I have always bought a separate insole to get boots to fit right in the past. These already have an orthopedic insole in them. It's literally like my foot gets a hug every time I put my boots on. The break in time was less than a day. No blisters either! The climate I have been in has been 95-125 degrees every day since June. You might think there is some serious foot oder at the end of the day. Nope. I can't believe it myself. I mean, my foot should be putting off some tremendous funk. So that tells me my feet are breathing well in the boot, good. But how are they in the wet? Great there too. I spent at least 5 minutes in ankle+ deep water "assisting a soldier" in reminding them to secure their gear. My feet were dry the whole time. I'm not saying they are water proof. I'm saying my feet didn't get wet, that's all. I will wear this boot out of uniform for hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, or just shoveling snow.

And now the best BAD news and reason for me make this post. The boot's seam tore in 2 spots within 3 months. Small tears, the size of a dime and a nickel maybe. You have to be pissed at that, right? No, don't be. The boot is guaranteed 12 months for replacement of any flaw except broken boot laces. I was told this when I bought them and now I wanted to put it to the test. I really like the comfort of these boots. So I call Tactical Research up expecting the run around. They told me to email them a picture of the damage, and include my address and size.

I said what about the receipt?

"If you have it, that's great, but we are shipping you a new pair either way".

Ok, so when I get the new ones, do I send the old one's back?

"Nope, throw them in the field if you like".

So basically I could be scamming the hell out of them and only have to have a picture of a boot with a flaw. No proof of purchase or when I purchased.

I had a confirmation email in 36 hours after my email with shipping and tracking numbers.

Boots arrived 6 days later and are perfect. That is the way customer service should be.

I'm not able to open Bellville's web site to link the boot info from this computer, but these are the boots.

http://www.patriotsurplus.com/btr360.html?productid=btr360&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProducts&utm_campaign=PatriotSurplus

Wow, that is some impressive customer service, its just a shame that because of other worthless companies, that is so unheard of. I will have to look into this company for my next pair, I'm not in combat but being on my feet all day make me appreciate a quality pair of boots. Thanks for letting us know.

Wow, that is some impressive customer service, its just a shame that because of other worthless companies, that is so unheard of. I will have to look into this company for my next pair, I'm not in combat but being on my feet all day make me appreciate a quality pair of boots. Thanks for letting us know.

Customer service has gone to hell these days. So I really wanted to let people know this company had taken care of me well.

I'm thinking anyone who wears a boot for work or what ever, these are great. Lawn care, truck driving, Construction, shop work, I really can't think of where they wouldn't work in a labor field.

We are seeing the Oakley boots are falling apart. If you have a desk job or put little wear on boots, the comfort is there for sure, but the life has been short for being in the field. I know you are not at a desk, so luck you Scotty.

Like the shitty ACU's, a set of oakley's would last me 3-4 months. I used to blow the crotch out on my ACU's from utilizing a swift boot to a door or climbing over shit. I would wear my boot soles smooth after a few months of ground pounding. Didn't have too big of an issue in Trashcanistan with my boots, but the same ACU issues arose again. I sure miss DCU's and BDU's.

I have been using bates M-8 tacticools for years. They have held up nicely, but I feel like the support breaks down to soon. I'll give these a try.

I bought a pair of Bates dress shoes, wore them one time, 2 years after buying them. And the sole literally dissolved as I wore them. Hunks of rubber were every where and I was leaving a trail. I left the event after 45 minutes to go buy new shoes.

I bought a pair of Bates dress shoes, wore them one time, 2 years after buying them. And the sole literally dissolved as I wore them. Hunks of rubber were every where and I was leaving a trail. I left the event after 45 minutes to go buy new shoes.

I've never had any issues with mine like that lol. I do think they are more for the tacticool factor than the usefulness. I go through a pair every 9months or so. It would be nice to have them last longer. That's why I'll try your suggestion.

I'm obviously using shoes for a slightly different reason but after doing some trial running the last 2 summers and taking a few hiking trips using trail running shoes this summer I will never use anything else. I can't imagine doing this type of stuff wearing boots, however light or comfortable compared to other boots they may be.

I'm guessing the fit being some comfortable for your feet is exactly that, they just fit your foot right. People always underestimate getting fitted at a knowledgeable shoe store if you are going to be on your feet a lot. Every foot and every shoe is different.

It is refreshing to see quality customer service, it's truly a dying concept.

Iv had a couple Bellville boots through the military, by far the best iv been issued.

There are some guys from Mansfield flying here at KAF. Any chance you are in with these guys, or will be coming here when they change it up?

I'm obviously using shoes for a slightly different reason but after doing some trial running the last 2 summers and taking a few hiking trips using trail running shoes this summer I will never use anything else. I can't imagine doing this type of stuff wearing boots, however light or comfortable compared to other boots they may be.QUOTE]

Jesse, I've been thinking of the camping and hiking you just did with Ben and Howard, and these boot's are what I'll be wearing for exactly things like that. And you are right that a foot need to be fit to a shoe.

Also, I got the care package from you and Carri today. Dude, I was LOL'ing my balls off at all the thought put into it. Well played sir, but don't buy her a car. Hahaha