Navy Metallic Blue WS6 on Racestars.

BStowers023

Everybody seems to be running these wheels nowadays. Eaton mach 1, the novi 5.0 and blue gt500 down here all run them, maybe Ill get a set in black. Either way, op looks good man

I ran the blue mach and wanted to run the blue gt500, I know all those guys.

So basically you had 0 clearance, now you have next to 0 clearance. That is far from the right way to do things. I really hope your 5mm guess was way off, because that would really compromise the integrity of the wheel.

So you're more intelligent than me is what you're saying? I used my judgement and the wheel will be fine, damn.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You act like its constantly grinding, it did for maybe 1 mile prolly only half the way down the street honestly.....that's how little it did.

You may have been better to say it didn't grind or you grinded/ clearanced the caliper to accommodate the wheel. :dumb:

You quoted 5mm.

5mm removed from the center a wheel makes the way for a nice fracture line given the right impact. 5mm is a LOT of material.

Thankfully, we can be sure that your guess was way off as you'd have a hell of a time putting the wheel on with 5mm of caliper protruding. However, we've all seen amazing things done with impact guns before...

People are concerned for your safety, and their own though. :no:

For Reference, here is a 5mm spacer:

http://www.vorshlag.com/images/catalog/products/wheel_spacers_5mm_03.jpg

So you're more intelligent than me is what you're saying? I used my judgement and the wheel will be fine, damn.

Hey take your chances, just don't drive around me or my family when you put shit together that way. I don't know why you are getting all defensive if you know its good to go. Maybe I am more intellegent then you. Honestly I wasn't even trying to be a dick, but now I hope your fucking wheel gets cut in half by the caliper. Fuck you.

Hey take your chances, just don't drive around me or my family when you put shit together that way. I don't know why you are getting all defensive if you know its good to go. Maybe I am more intellegent then you. Honestly I wasn't even trying to be a dick, but now I hope your fucking wheel gets cut in half by the caliper. Fuck you.

:lol:

You may have been better to say it didn't grind or you grinded/ clearanced the caliper to accommodate the wheel. :dumb:

You quoted 5mm.

5mm removed from the center a wheel makes the way for a nice fracture line given the right impact. 5mm is a LOT of material.

Thankfully, we can be sure that your guess was way off as you'd have a hell of a time putting the wheel on with 5mm of caliper protruding. However, we've all seen amazing things done with impact guns before...

People are concerned for your safety, and their own though. :no:

For Reference, here is a 5mm spacer:

http://www.vorshlag.com/images/catalog/products/wheel_spacers_5mm_03.jpg

Sorry yeah less than 5mm.

Sean webb brotha ;)

Oh whats up man? didnt recognize your name lol

YUMADBRO?

How much power the ta make NA?

426 SAE

I ran the blue mach and wanted to run the blue gt500, I know all those guys

Holy shit, small world. Were you at CTC? I had the orange cobra there that night at sonic, boy was than an interesting night :lol:

Last time I saw your car it was bucking back and forth on a dyno and sounded like the bottom end was about to fall out............

Fook a u

Are these wheels the medium pad height? I was under the impression that they would clear the calipers no problem if so.

Holy shit, small world. Were you at CTC? I had the orange cobra there that night at sonic, boy was than an interesting night :lol:

Yeah I was at CTC, were you the one that was with scott in the 5.0 when things happened and his car blew? Lol

I'm far from being a pro on this subject, but I do have to agree with Scott. It took me an extra 2 minutes to test fit and figure out my fronts were rubbing. Although like you I have no plans of getting rid of them, it was still an over 400 dollar investment that I didn't care to ruin, so I took the extra 20 minutes and 15 bucks to get spacers from jegs

Last time I saw your car it was bucking back and forth on a dyno and sounded like the bottom end was about to fall out............

Fook a u

Really? All I remember was it spinning on the rollers and running out of nitrous. Anytime you want to prove my car is a POS bring something out and show me.

Really? All I remember was it spinning on the rollers and running out of nitrous. Anytime you want to prove my car is a POS bring something out and show me.

Wow you went from cool calm to crazy in nothing flat. Why dont you have a seat in the corner and calm down and let me explain what I am trying to say so you dont swing your dick around anymore.

Everyone makes mcsteaks working on car, if we didnt we would be making millions fixing them. You honestly cant tell me you havent made a mistake working or doing something on a car.

So basically you had 0 clearance, now you have next to 0 clearance. That is far from the right way to do things. I really hope your 5mm guess was way off, because that would really compromise the integrity of the wheel.

Hope you got perfect wheel bearings too lol

I'm far from being a pro on this subject, but I do have to agree with Scott. It took me an extra 2 minutes to test fit and figure out my fronts were rubbing. Although like you I have no plans of getting rid of them, it was still an over 400 dollar investment that I didn't care to ruin, so I took the extra 20 minutes and 15 bucks to get spacers from jegs

I have 5/16" spacers on the rears to prevent it from rubbing on the inner fender.