To swap my trans or not

KennyFKINPowerz

If you go to a 4L60E , 4L65E, or a 4L80E, you will still have overdrive and lockup, which will still give you low rpm cruising on the highway. I have built several 4L60Es that stand up to some pretty good power and still act like a stock tranny. Mine has stood up to 700whp for a while with plenty of hits.

Damn, who's offering $1500 for a stock t56 from a 95 Camaro? I have mine sitting in my garage wondering what I'm going to do with it. The auto will probably gain you a little time at the track, but I enjoy shifting mine. I did a swap, but for a level 5 t56 from RPM. I say keep the stick, enjoy banging gears.

Damn, who's offering $1500 for a stock t56 from a 95 Camaro? I have mine sitting in my garage wondering what I'm going to do with it. The auto will probably gain you a little time at the track, but I enjoy shifting mine. I did a swap, but for a level 5 t56 from RPM. I say keep the stick, enjoy banging gears.

Heck they are going for 1700-1900 on an average on Ebay. I have not seen one for under 1200.

Auto would certainly kill the DD fun of the car, but would help you for the few times in a year you take it to the track...

Well Jones is right. If I had started with a stick I'd have kept it, but I started with an auto. I'd leave it, but if you want to drag race it all the time its worth considering.

RPM only offered me $800 for the core charge on mine when I bought the new one. Since it was working perfectly when we pulled it I decided to keep it and see what opportunities came around. I thought about swapping it into my LT1 Impala.

Rick can you PM me on what trans you got from RPM, costs and what not? I have been looking at Tick but didint know anyone that had one from RPM. How do you like it so far? How fast have you been with that trans? How does it do on the street?

Rick can you PM me on what trans you got from RPM, costs and what not? I have been looking at Tick but didint know anyone that had one from RPM. How do you like it so far? How fast have you been with that trans? How does it do on the street?

I have an RPM level 5 in my Cobra. Has taken all of the abuse I have thrown at it for the last 2.5 years. I'm not easy on it either. I've gone 11.0's so far with it. Plan on being a little quicker next year as well. It does fine on the street. It still has the stock style gears. They aren't faceplated or anything like that. Just built with the right parts the right way.

I have an RPM level 5 in my Cobra. Has taken all of the abuse I have thrown at it for the last 2.5 years. I'm not easy on it either. I've gone 11.0's so far with it. Plan on being a little quicker next year as well. It does fine on the street. It still has the stock style gears. They aren't faceplated or anything like that. Just built with the right parts the right way.

Do you notice any difference when driving around on the street? What clutch are you using?

If you go to a 4L60E , 4L65E, or a 4L80E, you will still have overdrive and lockup, which will still give you low rpm cruising on the highway. I have built several 4L60Es that stand up to some pretty good power and still act like a stock tranny. Mine has stood up to 700whp for a while with plenty of hits.

This is the route that I was planning if I went to an auto.