anyone here work at a car dealer?

thorne

I think she has non. I would like to suggest cash but her nor her bf are capable of working on a car and I don't have time. I figured she could get a new or close to new Kia for 200 a month.

Last time I was in a Kia dealership (hatsfield) a friend of mine was looking at picking one of the souls up, didn't make 1200 month, and got shut down on that. Assuming 0 trade in and 0 down she more than likely won't get a loan and if she does it'll be closer to around $300/mo

Last time I was in a Kia dealership (hatsfield) a friend of mine was looking at picking one of the souls up, didn't make 1200 month, and got shut down on that. Assuming 0 trade in and 0 down she more than likely won't get a loan and if she does it'll be closer to around $300/mo

this

that $200/month is what you'd be looking at with a 6 or 7 percent interest rate. if her credit is shot, you're looking at triple the interest rate, inability to stretch out the term to 72 or sometimes even 60 months, and a lot of times they'll demand 2 or 3k down.

i'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but don't go getting her excited with thoughts of a brand new car for $200/month.

Lease? Does she drive a ton? Leasing gives you the low monthly with very little putting down. I know right now we have 12 accords for 250/month. With no money down( but you have to put down first payment title, doc and tax). Then we have cheaper leases but you need money down, but since she has very little credit it may be hard with out a co-signer

yeah i dont know I just dont want her to gt a car from a bhph and pay 250$ a month for a pos.

Time to get a cosigner and find a $3,000 car, tell Nate to take that crap box and trade it in, haggle enough and I'm sure they'll give him something for it

Lease? Does she drive a ton? Leasing gives you the low monthly with very little putting down. I know right now we have 12 accords for 250/month. With no money down( but you have to put down first payment title, doc and tax). Then we have cheaper leases but you need money down, but since she has very little credit it may be hard with out a co-signer

Not a bad option;

especially now, a lot of manufacturers are offering service warranties. our lease isn't the best in terms of monthly payment, but we have 3yr/36k service (oil change, tire rotation, brake pads, wiper blades, clutch discs, spark plug check) warranty included so for a 36mo lease, really all you have to do is insure and make the payments. many other mfrs are catching on to this and offer much more aggressive leases.

Unrelated to post but, I sent you a PM about a car for woman friend.

its tough to find a non buy here pay here $3000 car to finance.

True that, but without credit or a down payment and verifiable income that may be their only option. Thorne, may want to have them check out a credit union they're usually pretty lenient and might be able to help. I bank through the Credit Union Of Ohio (http://www.cuofohio.org)

Edited by mrhobbz
engrish fail

Kia isn't much different than any other brand when it comes to financing. At the end of the day it is simple math and with no credit or money down she will run into problems. Just to put things into perspective...roughly $20 a month equates to around $1000

True that, but without credit or a down payment and verifiable income that may be their only option. Thorne, may want to have them check out a credit union they're usually pretty lenient and might be able to help. I bank through the Credit Union Of Ohio (www.cuofohio.org)

Truth, but CUs generally need a car that books out well; something with good history (no crashes etc), lower than 75k miles and newer than 2005.

Basically, something like this is what she should be looking for, though I didn't check the history. And no, I don't work at Freddy;s Big Lot :lolguy: