Texas Mile video from today

BradyPPC

Ran the 5.0 in the Texas mile today for the first time. Had to make a qualifying pass between 145 and 165 the first run in order to get liscensed above 165. The first run I went 148.8 in the 1/2 mile and lifted before going through the traps at 160.1. The second run was into a pretty good headwind. The car felt good but the track is a bit bumpy and you can definitely feel the wind blowing the car. I lifted just a hair before crossing the mile mark as the car bounced a bit and I wasnt comfortable staying in it. Ended up running 149.9 in the 1/2 mile and 175.4. The tune in the car is a bit conservative being on the rich side and it should handle a few more degrees of timing. I think 180 is definitely going to be doable in it.

Here is the video of the run from this evening. Sorry for the bouncy camera....

I wonder how much power a 6spd camaro needs to go 200. And what aero package. I've been 170s in a car but would love to try and get to 200. Very cool btw. I'm reallying wanting to do a few of the mile deals when they come to ohio.

Not really sure to be honest. As speed builds, the power requried to overcome everything becomes exponential....Of course addressing the aerodynamics would help with that.

If I do make 700 to 750whp. And id run a 3.08 gr. Just lowered and stiff suspension with a good front splitter and some light wheels. 9"could I go 190 u think? I know the car should run high 9s about low 140s baby shifting to keep trans in it.

Brady, your going to hit 180 today!!

88 degrees / wind from SW 18 mph / humidity 48% / Dew point 61

Hope the track is pointed to the North!

Close. Went 179.4 this evening. The ambient temp sensor on the car read 91 degrees and there was still a slight headwind. I also hit a limiter at 6600 in 5th and the car pulled 11 degrees of timing. Had I stayed off the limiter, im confident it would have been a 180 run. Oh well, gonna try tomorrow. Either way, I am really happy with the way the car runs and handles at those speeds. It was a lot of prep work to prepare everything and I am running right at where I thought I would be.

Does this mean you're hooked an want to hit 200 come spring? :D

One way or another, I'll be out the next time you go. It's a 3 hour drive or so from me anyways.

Honestly, I have no interest in going that fast. 170 plus is a lot of fun but I dont know how much above that I really would want to go. Im all game for watching someone else drive though....

Sweet, glad to see the car did what you had hoped. Looks like the track has a few nasty bumps at the top end?

Yeah, it was a bit bumpy but not too bad. This is a new location. Everyone said Goliad was a nicer track but had a shorter shutdown.

All in all it was a great weekend. I ended up running 180.2 this morning into what I am told was a 6mph headwind. Im happy with that. From what I could tell, the next closest 5.0 only ran 165.5 and there was a whippled 5.0 as well as a Boss 302 with a 3.6 Kenne Bell that ran. My friend Van also went 204.8 in a SuperSnake which is a new record for a GT500 in the mile. Ill post pics and vids of both runs when I get back and have a better internet connection.