Apple iPhone 4s Goes to Apple Farm & Pumpkin Patch

TTQ B4U

Taken from PetaPixel. But really shows the improvements of this new sony sensor it's using!http://files.petapixel.com/assets/uploads/2011/10/iphone_mini.jpg

^^ I saw the above comparison on MacRumors. IMO the first two shots were OOF and should have been taken over.

FYI It's not that it's OOF, it is that the first iPhone did not have that close of focus. If you owned one of the first gens you would know. The first one's maco function was bad.

When a photo is OOF it's OOF regardless of why. However, IMO the phone clearly focused on the contrast of the background vs the object intended. You can see it.

User error IMO. They should have backed up to take the shot. You don't take a marco shot using a device that's not capable of it and put the results in a review.

Tim and I Hate each other, true story. :)

:leghump:

I agree! Never seen a phone take that bad of pics.

Phones don't....people do. Again, user error. :gabe:

You don't take a marco shot using a device that's not capable of it and put the results in a review.

You do when you are showing the evolution of the image sensor and how it has gotten better over time showing off the macro function.

This image is the image that reviewer uses to show "image quality", you should read the article before passing judgement of what they "should have done".

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/10/iphone_cameras_skyline.png

You do when you are showing the evolution of the image sensor and how it has gotten better over time showing off the macro function.

the devices macro function and ability is a result of the lens not the sensor. I do agree in showing the evolution of the lens, sensor and device overall though.

This image is the image that reviewer uses to show "image quality", you should read the article before passing judgement of what the "should have done".

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/10/iphone_cameras_skyline.png

I've read the article and seen the comparison. I still stand by my original comment about shooting a marco with a device that's not capable nor made to shoot it is user error. Doing so is user error, not camera error plain and simple.

The above is a better comparison example of the point being beat to death. That point being shoot a scene that all the devices being used can properly shoot in focus.

Here's a very crude example of a 3G vs the 4s. Only thing done to either is resized both to 1024px in hieght and added a 100% crop from each. Of course being different MP's will result in the crops being different sizes as I cropped for pixel level 100% vs 100%. I purposely put it in a back-lit situation too.

I think this shows the advancements in details, metering and of course details captured. As noted on other boards, the 4s has had it's processing tweaked to amp up contrast and color. Typical P&S crap. Easily fixed in post processing though.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/139211118/original.jpg

Nice!

I'm pretty happy with my 4S pics. Really hapy with the Video quality, Andrew just started crawling, and My daughter just started gymnastics. It's awesome to have the thing in my pocket at all times.

I've not played with the 1080p much. Still looking to move to a DSLR for that but waiting for the next generation units. The current ones are good but have limitations.

Having a handy camera with me at all times is very cool. Here's a snapshot and a quick frame added using Camera + while on the phone.

Handheld, in low light and with the ability to print a large size from such an image, is very handy.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/139211166/original.jpg

Tim can you explain why I should buy Camera+ and not just use the stock camera app that you can now edit your pic right in the stock app on the 4s?

I recently got a $50 gift card for itunes, so I'm looking at some apps to purchase. Can't really find any music I want, todays shit sucks. Not into movies, might get Steve's Book for my iPad.

Tim can you explain why I should buy Camera+ and not just use the stock camera app that you can now edit your pic right in the stock app on the 4s?

I like the stabilization feature. It uses the internal Gyro's to judge when to take the best photo. If it's windy and you're cold it may not take the photo exactly when you want to ie...not good for kids or people waiting, but it does work well and really helps insure a good shot.

I also like the quick edits (many more than the stock camera app offers) that Camera + has available. You can even import images from your Camera folders to edit. I do most of my edits on my PC, but I do also edit on phone and email / Text to wife and friends.

You can still zoom, etc..but you can also kick on the flash light constant to see in the dark or low light areas so that the camera can focus and meter more properly.Another nice feature is being able to have separate metering and focusing points. Especially in back-lit or bright situations.

There's more I'm sure, but that's the off my head thoughts.

I recently bought PhotoSync and really like it over Wireless transfer. Now I can easily sync selected photos to my PC without having to type in an IP Addy.