gold rush

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Freds a dick. He could have told him on the phone what was going on and then they wouldn't even have to go there and just find another spot. True about him not making a payment though.

My wife said I look like Jack Hoffman..

Yea alot of time and money wasted going up there for 4 days when he could have told them not to even come up. But I noticed one thing when the made the deal on the equipment he said that was more than" they "wanted to pay so he didn't buy it all on his own.

It's amazing that someone can really be that much of a piece of shit! That's just unbelievable, yet at the same time not too surprising after the last season of the show.

As far as whether or not these guys are complete jackasses, at least they are out there trying. Their idiocy will be completely irrelevant if they hit gold(that's if they don't get fucked out of it again). I would love to give it a shot even if I didn't get much of anything, would be a hell of an experience! Of course I don't have the same expenses that most others do right now though(a family and that crap).

Want to keep lease?

Make lease payment.

Werd. A few thoughts:

-The Hoffman's are the biggest bunch of rejects I believe I've ever seen; at least they're portrayed that way. They keep asking those other guys to trust them. I wouldn't trust them to wipe their asses completely clean, let alone set up an operation such as what they're trying to take on. I mean seriously, who buys $50,000+ worth of equipment and sends it to frozen BFE, without being 100% sure you're able to use it? Their business decisions are poor, poor, poor.

-Fred is a dickhead. He'd be in the bottom of that 75ft hole and it'd be filled back in.

-I still want to smack Jack Hoffman in the face with a shovel. Preferably a hydraulic-powered one.

Anyone watch the after the show on discovery.com? I watched it right after the show and it was only 5 or so minutes long and didn't show much, but from what I remember Todd was a dick to work with. Fred (in the interview) still is a dick. I'm sure Fred doesn't give two shits to Sunday. He probably has more money than all of us in this thread combined to not even care.

Common guys, it's a show. It's for entertainment, so they have to stir shit up. And as far as the Hoffman go, they can't be that poor. They own a freaking airport.

While they might not be "that poor", I'm sure they're racking up some serious fucking debt with these Alaska trips. I don't even want to imagine the kind of up front investment it takes just for one season up there.

The Hoffman's are making it rain da strip clubs in Alaska.

Drill Instructor: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD!!

Recruits: (REPEATS)

Drill Instructor: ESKIMO PUSSY IS MIGHTY COLD!

Recruits: (REPEATS)Drill Instructor: MMM GOOD! (Recruits repeat) FEELS GOOD! (repeat) IS GOOD! (repeat) REAL GOOD! (repeat) TASTES GOOD! (repeat) MIGHTY GOOD! (repeat) GOOD FOR YOU! (repeat) GOOD FOR ME! (repeat)

So glad they got screwed out of that lease, maybe if the father and son hadnt come off as such jackass' on the first season I would feel different. I pray they never find gold but c'mon they are going to eventually have to or risk pissing off everyone(viewers) at the end of this season. I am all for seeing an underdog giving it everything, risking it and reaping the benefits, but the hoffmans................

On a side note I have a cousin that has done similar dealings with guys, while he hasnt convinced anyone to go up to Alaska he has convinced them to quite jobs and not pay mortgages while they start a business together, its just sad to see these guys lose everything because they are stupid.