Gold Wing Trike

B-Mac

My brother is looking to sell his Trike and I am thinking about talking my wife into leaving the Can Am Spyder clan. She is now into her second Spyder and moving to the Honda would be great for me having to do all the wrenching on our Vehicles and equipment.

Has anyone tried one of the trikes? My main concern is How heavy is the steering  on one.. Wife is small structure and over 65YO. the 2014 Spyder has no steer assist like the new ones and her 2014 is starting to  be a work load on trips. Anyone?

Wing Trike.jpg

Yea, that's what I remember form my early childhood. I found her a new spyder that she likes but she will have to pay for all services on it. I quit, I am retired from Can AM Shit service maintenance. Wash and air tires add fuel & fluids, That's it! FUCK Bombardier.

Canadian Forces Video.

My dad picked up a 2006 Goldwing trike this summer. It looks similar to what you have there in that picture of the black one. I rode it home for him and I didn’t find it particularly difficult to ride. I did try to corner aggressively on it. I definitely shifted my weight and such but you’re for sure not taking corners as you would on a motorcycle. It didn’t feel tippy to me at all. Definitely took more arm strength however than riding a two wheeled bike. 

• Upvote 1

I think this begs the question on how you would use it and how often.

When my 2-wheel career is over, I don't think 3-wheels will be MY answer.

I think I would have more fun in a small sporty car than a trike or a Spyder...something like a BMW roadster or maybe even a Miata???    

No No Three wheels for me ever, never. She is a Miata girl and has been driving one since I met her 20 years ago.

We are going to trade in her 2014 spyder 30k. Miles. And pick up a low milage 2014ish and work on her arm strength by drinking more wine. She is good for 65mph on state routes and 65-80 on highway's. I'm good with that. I am getting old and bitching for no real reason. (Winter Blues)

• Haha 1