F time warner cable

buelliganx1

For the second time in probably 2 months or so our dvr has decided to delete everything that we had saved on it. Pisses me off because I had 3 australian V-8 road races saved, along with bullit and a few other races. I'm about to start recording things on damn vcr again at least I know when I want to watch what I record it will be there.

Sounds like user error.

This.

Are you setting your record options to not delete ever? Or is it on the default setting to delete when it needs space to record something.

The F1 races I've recorded in HD take up a ton of space, so I imagine your Aussie races do the same. Don't blame TWC because you have a finite limit on your DVR storage and are unable to manage it. If you're 3 races behind on the series, its probably not that important to you anyways.

its set up to not delete, the last time it did this it was at about 53% and some half hour show came on that it was supposed to record. It popped up telling me I didnt have enough room and to delete some things and when I went to the list to see what I could get rid of everything was gone. Just got off of the phone with time warner they said it sounds like a bad hard drive and are going to replace the unit.

Besides like I said it was at 43% capacity and nothing else was recording last night so even if it was set up to delete for the space it shouldnt have since there was nothing to make space for.

its set up to not delete, the last time it did this it was at about 53% and some half hour show came on that it was supposed to record. It popped up telling me I didnt have enough room and to delete some things and when I went to the list to see what I could get rid of everything was gone. Just got off of the phone with time warner they said it sounds like a bad hard drive and are going to replace the unit.

Besides like I said it was at 43% capacity and nothing else was recording last night so even if it was set up to delete for the space it shouldnt have since there was nothing to make space for.

I dont know if TWC works this way, but with Comcast in Boston you can just take your box to a customer service center like the TWC one on Olentangy River Rd and exchange it for free. They refurb those things often enough that I ended up exchanging probably 5 times in 2 years in Boston instead of dealing with customer service reps in New Delhi.

I'll have to check that out, last time they had to come out to fix something they gave us a 12hr window of when they would be here. If it's the same way this time I'll see if I can just stop by and exchange it so they wont have to be bothered. Yay for customer service

Same problem happened to me OP. Time Warner usually pushes software updates down to their boxes on Monday nights. Three weeks ago their update killed my dvr. Mine would not boot and one of my friends had all of her shows deleted. I dumped Time Warner last week and went with ATT Uverse. They have two locations in Columbus you can exchange the box at, one on Olenganty near 670 and another one out on Alum Creek.

I never thought it'd be a big deal, but it bugged me for about 3 hours when visiting a friend, is the fact that Uverse boxes do not show time. Its ridiculous of me to be bothered by that, but it REALLY bothers me.

Same here. Had U-verse from December to just a couple weeks ago and no time display on the box was really annoying for a while then we just got used to it. Now that we switched to WOW it's really, really nice having the time right there at all times again.