Who wants to build me exhaust manifolds? (Audi S4)

iluvfastcarz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why single turbo? Has anyone even done this? I'm not sure there is room to do what you are trying to do.

I'm not too up on my knowledge, but aren't there bolt on upgraded turbo kit's that will make a lot of power... 600-700whp, maybe more?

What are you trying to accomplish? What are you trying to accomplish that can't be done with existing parts, which will very likely be easier and probably less expensive in the long run?

You're a shop owner, but your shop can't do this?

Why not use the stock manifolds, or many of the aftermarket ones that are already out there, and just go from there?

I'd stick with twins. Yes it's been done, but it requires a lot of modification, and you will essentially get the same power as any of the bolt on twins, but with more lag. It's not cheaper either, so I'm not sure what the draw to a single is.

Why single turbo? Has anyone even done this? I'm not sure there is room to do what you are trying to do.

I'm not too up on my knowledge, but aren't there bolt on upgraded turbo kit's that will make a lot of power... 600-700whp, maybe more?

What are you trying to accomplish? What are you trying to accomplish that can't be done with existing parts, which will very likely be easier and probably less expensive in the long run?

Why not use the stock manifolds, or many of the aftermarket ones that are already out there, and just go from there?

CALM THE FOCK DOWN JESSE

CALM THE FOCK DOWN JESSE

You calm down...

Who's saying I'm not calm!

Are you saying I'm not CALM?

How DARE YOU INSULT ME like that!!!!

YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S NOT CALM!!!!!

YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN'T HANDEL THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

http://thefacepalmedgamer.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/rageface.jpg

As always, the K.I.S.S. theory applies here.

As you probably know, people have made 600-800awhp on twins, hell you can easily make 700awhp on 100% stock intake & exhaust manifolds with bolt on turbo's.

If /when I ever ditch the K04's it will be for a ARD or similar GT28RS kit, china rods and call it a day.

For Reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BZ7bTshHLdw

That's a Turbo S PDK that traps about 130 stock....

Yes I understand how you guys feel about the already existing twin turbo kits. I would definitely not go with anything less than the Tial 770Rs, however the turbos alone cost $4600 which uses stock exhaust manifolds. Inlet pipes are $600, downpipes are $1000. This still doesn't take into consideration the intercooler setup which will be another $1200, RS4 Y pipe etc etc which would add up close to $8000. I already have a dual ball bearing Precision 6265 turbocharger which I bought for $900 brand new, exhaust manifolds and downpipe $2000, intercooler setup with piping $700, wastegate and blow off valve (s) $600. So that is basically $4200, and I can change the turbo to meet whatever hp goal I desire and I get a beautiful engine bay with something that you do not see everyday.

Yes I understand how you guys feel about the already existing twin turbo kits. I would definitely not go with anything less than the Tial 770Rs, however the turbos alone cost $4600 which uses stock exhaust manifolds. Inlet pipes are $600, downpipes are $1000. This still doesn't take into consideration the intercooler setup which will be another $1200, RS4 Y pipe etc etc which would add up close to $8000. I already have a dual ball bearing Precision 6265 turbocharger which I bought for $900 brand new, exhaust manifolds and downpipe $2000, intercooler setup with piping $700, wastegate and blow off valve (s) $600. So that is basically $4200, and I can change the turbo to meet whatever hp goal I desire and I get a beautiful engine bay with something that you do not see everyday.

Cool, let us know how it turns out when you spend more money getting the fabrication and fitment done than you ever imagined.

There is a thread on AZ tracking a single turbo build, read through it......

Sadly, 99% of Big Turbo builds take forever, have 900 pitafalls, and after a dyno, the owner sells or never drives it. Mostly out of fear of something breaking.

I say keep it simple.

Keep it 2.7,valve-train, bolt on twins, china rods, 30psi = 600-700awhp.

Id say keep it even more simple...

-Marc

Who are you telling, I'm the biggest K04 fan ever.....

K04's are magical on the this motor, instant spool, excellent power band, no stressing about rods or valvetrain builds.

Good balanced power.

Like Cosworth even knows anything about engines. :gabe:

#1 reason I didn't go bigger than K04's was that I didn't have to deal with replacing rods.

There was some fool on audizine with a single that was talking shit a while back, didn't he end up getting his ass handed to him by a k04 car? I believe so.

#1 reason I didn't go bigger than K04's was that I didn't have to deal with replacing rods.

There was some fool on audizine with a single that was talking shit a while back, didn't he end up getting his ass handed to him by a k04 car? I believe so.

Shhhhh...don't ruin the punchline.......

Having a torque & power band the size of texas > 700awhp for 2000rpms.

Who are you telling, I'm the biggest K04 fan ever.....

K04's are magical on the this motor, instant spool, excellent power band, no stressing about rods or valvetrain builds.

Good balanced power.

Simple

Simpler

Simplest

-Marc