Official College Basketball 2011-12 Thread

TimTaylor751647545500

Tonight starts the regular season for college basketball with UNC and tOSU both having games as well as a number of top 25 teams. UNC playing Michigan State should be a good rematch from the 2009 National Championship game not to mention it takes place on an aircraft carrier.

Buckeyes tip off at 9:00 on the BTN.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty excited for this upcoming NCAA basketball season. Hopefully there isn't any scandals that break out between now and March though lol. I wanna make it to a Buckeye game this year, would really like to go when they play Duke, but I can only imagine what tickets will cost for that game on craigslist.

Big games tonight including #3 OSU vs. #8 Florida. Florida is really small this year but they've got some really nice perimeter players. Sully should go off but going to need Buford to chip in a lot too. In pretty much all of OSU's losses last year you'd only get a huge game from one or the other. Will be interesting to see the defense go up against a high powered offense for the first time without Lighty since like 1992...lol.

Big games tonight including #3 OSU vs. #8 Florida. Florida is really small this year but they've got some really nice perimeter players. Sully should go off but going to need Buford to chip in a lot too. In pretty much all of OSU's losses last year you'd only get a huge game from one or the other. Will be interesting to see the defense go up against a high powered offense for the first time without Lighty since like 1992...lol.

we are so used to the 1yr 2yr and done guys, it was nice seeing lighty there forever. the bucks look good this year and jared has lost some good weight. im very excited for this season. UNC though :wtf: they look like an expeirenced kentucky team, fast, athletic, smart. they are going to be tough to beat

Lighty was here 5 years due to injury. ESPN took a cheap shot at Buford last night talking about how he's been here since the beginning of time or something to that effect. I think those that left early last year from college are sure wishing they was back in college right about now. No one is getting paid!!

I miss Diebler that dude was money from behind the arc. I caught the tail end of the game tonight, how well did OSU play?

He was also a great perimeter defender who added a lot of length. That is highly missed.

I miss Diebler that dude was money from behind the arc. I caught the tail end of the game tonight, how well did OSU play?

You can tell for both teams that it's just really, really early in the season. Lots of kinks being worked out for both. But OSU pulled away and pulled it out. Feel like there needs to be more called plays/more of an effort to get Sully the ball. Not sure he touched it more than once or twice the first 5 minutes or so of the game which is ridiculous.

Sully has really lost a ton of weight, I did catch the last 9 minutes of the game and saw him getting pushed around down under a bit more then last year. Not sure that the weight loss has helped him any, but again its only the 2nd game of the season so maybe the biggest benifit will be him having fresh legs come March.

Sully has really lost a ton of weight, I did catch the last 9 minutes of the game and saw him getting pushed around down under a bit more then last year. Not sure that the weight loss has helped him any, but again its only the 2nd game of the season so maybe the biggest benifit will be him having fresh legs come March.

Did you see the guy who was pushing him around? His arms were bigger than the basketball.

Sully wasn't a great defender last year either. He got backed down and scored on pretty regularly. See giant white dude on Kentucky's team last year who had the game of his life against OSU in the tourney. It's just that he can give it right back just as well and usually better on the offensive end.

• 2 weeks later...