WTB: TRAILER!!!

zeitgeist57

My good friend Jim (familiar to the Cars and Coffee crowd) bought a Bendpak 4-post lift for his garage. The problem is that the parts total about 1600 lbs! I'm offering to let him borrow diesel Cleetus, but we also need a flatbed trailer to bring the boxes to his house from the Conway freight facility.

Let me know if anyone has something available for a few hours, likely on Tuesday. Thanks!

yes, it will have to be picked up all at once. when i picked up my bendpak lift, it took every bit of my car trailer to fit the lift on it---at least 12-15' long. they loaded it onto the trailer with a forklift--all of it was bundled with metal bands. you'll need al least 2-3 people to unload the parts. its heavy as hell. wish i had a picture of what it looked like on my trailer

yes, it will have to be picked up all at once. when i picked up my bendpak lift, it took every bit of my car trailer to fit the lift on it---at least 12-15' long. they loaded it onto the trailer with a forklift--all of it was bundled with metal bands. you'll need al least 2-3 people to unload the parts. its heavy as hell. wish i had a picture of what it looked like on my trailer

Holy fucking helpful posts. I'm txting my buddy now. THANKS!

Sounds like a box truck might not be the right moving option! :lol:

Dude is only moving it 5 miles from Grandview to UA...

Holy fucking helpful posts. I'm txting my buddy now. THANKS!

Sounds like a box truck might not be the right moving option! :lol:

Dude is only moving it 5 miles from Grandview to UA...

probably need an open trailer, like a car trailer, just to be safe. i even picked mine up from a conway freight depot just like him. you'll need plenty of tie downs as well--the way the lift is packaged, its just a bit top-heavy, and you wouldn't want it rolling over when you go around a turn.

i honestly, have no idea how it was removed from my trailer. i paid to have 2 guys come and install it, and when i came home from work, it was in my garage. it sat on my trailer for 2 weeks, because i couldn't even lift it off the trailer in pieces--the ramps were too heavy.

i've been happy with the lift. it can run on 120, but is much faster on 220.

I hauled mine back from Indianapolis on my car hauler. I absolutely recommend an open trailer. The top piece the way they packed it was the ramp with the ram under it. It weighs about 850lbs. You'll need an engine lift to properly lift and position everything. Otherwise you will need lots of help. I used high-capacity tie-down straps and a corvette body lifting rig wrapped around each part to lift it. I was by myself so balance was critical. I was able to lift everything off the trailer and completely assemble the lift as a one-person job using this method. I got mine from Greg Smith Equiptment and they have been great to deal with. I burned out the motor and they replaced it with a whole new power unit under warranty. Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you need advice or help.

Thanks to everyone who contributed awesome info. I'm going to hear from him as to what he wants to do (i.e. borrow my truck/trailer)

Clarification: He's getting the palate shipped from Con-Way to his inlaws' warehouse in Grandview. This will allow him to break apart the package into two smaller deliveries, and like I mentioned before it's only 5 miles from his house.