Honda auto tranny

THE BUCKET

Notorious honda tranny fail. Almost everyone I have talked to either has had it done or expects to. I know one lady on her 4th factory tranny and researched alot more who have at least 2. I bought a honda needing it done but surprisingly noone can figure out what the damn thing just wont fail completely. It hard shifts/slips from 1st to 2nd, and they say this is the beginning of the end. Mine has still been going despite having 230k on it and shifting this way for 3 years now. I think the only thing that has saved me up until this point is I did change the fluid despite knowing its on its way out in a last ditch effort to try something rather than just having it rebuilt. I talked to rushmans tranny about rebuilding and they seemed to be somewhat knowledgable on how to rebuild them and not have the same issue eventually come right back. Their price was about the best I have seen also. I would never trust a used transmission or junkyard tranny for a honda, its just to widespread a problem.