I want an auto DSM

Linn1647545492

Impressive, but how long does the AT last at that level?

the built auto's are actually pretty reliable, to launch you have a spray, so its the motor and t-case you have to worry about.

this can be done on a stock auto with a progressive controller (both boost and nitrous)

Biggest issue I have heard with the autos is end clutches taking a crap if you boost a lot in over drive. those can be changed with the trans still in the car and new clutches are like $80, so no big deal.

I have an fp3065 on my car right now .70 a/r at 23psi and I have beat the snot out of this thing for about 1000 miles now with no issues (a/t). I would highly recommend getting a custom ship made though from Dave at Foreign Muscle so the trans shifts at 100% pressure at WOT. The problem I have having is the car is making so much power at WOT, it takes too long in between shifts. partial throttle it shifts instant. I will be getting a new chip though so that should be solved shortly.

Biggest issue I have heard with the autos is end clutches taking a crap if you boost a lot in over drive. those can be changed with the trans still in the car and new clutches are like $80, so no big deal.

I have an fp3065 on my car right now .70 a/r at 23psi and I have beat the snot out of this thing for about 1000 miles now with no issues (a/t). I would highly recommend getting a custom ship made though from Dave at Foreign Muscle so the trans shifts at 100% pressure at WOT.

Dave wrote the code for both my ecu and tcu. He definately knows what hes doing.

The trannies are pretty much bulletproof. The end clutches are the weak link for sure. When the first trans let go it was a sheared cross-pin. The new trans is built as well, eventually I'll get around to swapping the guts into another case, and have a good spare. Four years of Dave and his crew beating on the car it was bound to break something. Whoda thought everything.