Urban to OSU???

black00ws6

35 million? He better win 8 national titles in the 3 years he's here. Anyone wanna take bets that urban bails as soon as braxton leaves?

The hate is very strong in you...lol. Seriously not sure how you're going to be able to be a fan with this awful, awful man in charge.

People here are really dumb enough to believe these rumors? This actually takes me back a little. I thought that there were atleast a handful of people here who had some intelligence. Not to say that it won't happen next year or even later down the road, but too many reputable people have already squashed all these bullshit rumors. Just goes to show you how many people actually follow sports for real.

I bet some of you even believe he swapped houses with the herb too. Lol

People here are really dumb enough to believe these rumors? This actually takes me back a little. I thought that there were atleast a handful of people here who had some intelligence. Not to say that it won't happen next year or even later down the road, but too many reputable people have already squashed all these bullshit rumors. Just goes to show you how many people actually follow sports for real.

A lot of reputable people have also squashed these rumors, while going on to say that it is going to happen, it just hasn't yet.

I'm hearing it will be announced at half time of the Duke - OSU Game. This is coming from an insider who said there was rumblings of something big going on at OSU before the tattoo debacle. We shall see....

A link to my post about this from October 20th... :gabe:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1449777&postcount=635

But right now the actual "acceptance" of the job and its announcement are dependent upon the NCAA closing OSU's case and announcing the final sanctions.

And anyone who bought the Urban buying Herbie's house story were complete morons. That we can agree on.

What reputable people have squashed "all these bullshit rumors?" Gotta pay attention to the semantics of, for example, Urban's text response to the Gainesville reporter or Urban's wife's response to the TV station in Florida. He can't technically have "accepted" the job yet because it's not technically open yet.

A lot of reputable people have also squashed these rumors, while going on to say that it is going to happen, it just hasn't yet.

As of today, you won't hear me argue anything regarding possibilities. I'm simple stating that right now there is no deal. There will also continue to not be a deal until well after the season is finished.

A link to my post about this from October 20th... :gabe:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1449777&postcount=635

But right now the actual "acceptance" of the job and its announcement are dependent upon the NCAA closing OSU's case and announcing the final sanctions.

What reputable people have squashed "all these bullshit rumors?" Gotta pay attention to the semantics of, for example, Urban's text response to the Gainesville reporter or Urban's wife's response to the TV station in Florida. He can't technically have "accepted" the job yet because it's not technically open yet.

Fuck semantics, I listen to real talk. Just yesterday spielman promised that he hasn't even communicated at all with the university regarding this. He did however, very much elude to the fact that there was still a possibility in the future on urbans end.

Fuck semantics, I listen to real talk. Just yesterday spielman promised that he hasn't even communicated at all with the university regarding this. He did however, very much elude to the fact that there was still a possibility in the future on urbans end.

He lied...lol.

No one is going to come out right now and publicly say they're in discussions with OSU while the current staff is trying to close out a season. You seriously think OSU was going to wait until the season is officially over to try and secure their future?

Edit: let me rephrase the first part. He's probably technically right. Urban probably hasn't spoken directly with an official university employee (Gee, definitely not Smith since he's probably out once the NCAA stuff is finished, etc.) about contracts/agreements.

Can someone inform him before he signs that we dont want no bullshit this time around? No scandals, no pedophile assistants, just good football.

Tell that to Gene Smith and Gee, we would still have Tresel if it werent for them though it wouldn't have changed anything else.

Step 1: Call everyone stupid for talking about stuff they've heard.

Step 2: Reference what you've heard from other people as a basis for calling people stupid.

Step 3: Inhale deeply the scent of irony mixed with hypocrisy.

Step 1: Call everyone stupid for talking about stuff they've heard.

Step 2: Reference what you've heard from other people as a basis for calling people stupid.

Step 3: Inhale deeply the scent of irony mixed with hypocrisy.

Not quite. name one legitimate source that has given any indication that these rumors hold water. Compare answer to the amount of legitimate sources that promise otherwise as of this moment. My thoughts are based on fact and common sense. At the first voice of these rumors I was not in disbelief but after it was denied on the behalf of the man as well as by the man himself, I inclined to no longer believe the rumors of a buckeye message board filled with wishful thinkers like myself.

Do I believe that this is a possibility throughout coming months: yep. Hell I am hoping.

Do I believe that this is even remotely possible as of this current time while the season is still in motion: not a chance in Hell.

urban just stated the rumors are false

He had a very well-prepared statement in the very brief, rehearsed "Q&A" in the booth. Again, technically, he's not lying. All about semantics.

Do I believe that this is a possibility throughout coming months: yep. Hell I am hoping.

Do I believe that this is even remotely possible as of this current time while the season is still in motion: not a chance in Hell.

Unless here's a snag with the NCAA, this will be taken care of within the next couple weeks, not months. OSU wants its next head coach in place with plenty of time to repair and improve the recruiting class and put their staff together.

And again, if you think OSU was going to wait until the season was officially over to get the wheels in motion... I don't know what to tell you. This is a multi-billion dollar business and a multi-million dollar decision. You don't wait until people's feelings won't be hurt to move forward.

Unless here's a snag with the NCAA, this will be taken care of within the next couple weeks, not months. OSU wants its next head coach in place with plenty of time to repair and improve the recruiting class and put their staff together.

And again, if you think OSU was going to wait until the season was officially over to get the wheels in motion... I don't know what to tell you. This is a multi-billion dollar business and a multi-million dollar decision. You don't wait until people's feelings won't be hurt to move forward.

I dont disagree with you on all of that. My argument is not so much with length of time before something could happen, but mostly that nothing has happend yet. I also don't think anything will happen before the season is over. Up until tonight, we still had a mathmatical chance for a good turnout of a season. The season is about to wrap up. I dont believe anything will be said before then. Whether or not they are giving fickel a real and full chance or not I am sure they have a next up plan. Nothing due to feelings. I am sure that the university has a plan, I believe it just hasnt been put in to motion. You are right, the university is a huge business and organization. I would think it would be more than impossible to have worked a deal and people not know about it. If the rumors were true and a deal had been made, they would look rather stupid to deny it now only to admit it later.

If the rumors were true and a deal had been made, they would look rather stupid to deny it now only to admit it later.

Why? That's pretty much the standard anymore. Saban denied he was leaving the Dolphins for Alabama pretty much until he was on the plane to Tuscaloosa. I think Matta said at a press conference at Xavier just days before he came to OSU that he wasn't leaving.

Why? That's pretty much the standard anymore. Saban denied he was leaving the Dolphins for Alabama pretty much until he was on the plane to Tuscaloosa. I think Matta said at a press conference at Xavier just days before he came to OSU that he wasn't leaving.

What good reason would Urban have to deny anything though? He is not giving anyone else the finger only to move on somewhere else. He is fully available and most would not be shocked if he decided to coach again.

Publicly you deny because, as of this morning, there were still 2 games to play. You continue to deny until after the Michigan game. Then all of a sudden, if the NCAA announcement has been made (OSU is pushing the NCAA for a decision on or before the 28th), things will "come together" very quickly and boom, it's announced. Things will "come together" very quickly because they're already being put together through back channels. I don't doubt that Urban and OSU officials haven't been directly involved in talks regarding numbers and contracts and whatnot. But behind the scenes, among non-official university and Meyer representatives, things are being figured out.

ESPN keeps running this currently on their ticker. Shit, it changed and I just missed part of it. Give me a min...

Here we go. This is basically all they're putting across. Excerpts from this article:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7254564/ohio-state-buckeyes-talking-urban-meyer-job-sources-say