AR-15 16" black friday special $500

Rob1647545496

AR-15 16" black friday special $500

just got an email thought i would pass it on.

16” Rifle Special

16” M4 1x7 Moly 5.56 Sight tower, 4 Rail Handguard, A2 flash hider, 4 Position stock on Surplus Ammo lower receiver. See options for CA legal setup.

$ 500.00 ea

jsesurplus.com

Not knowing much about AR's but wanting one, are those good parts? Or will it suck and should I just spend a couple hundred more for a better one?

Do you have a direct link to that AR? Or could you forward me that email? If email send me a pm and I'll email you. Thanks.

Edit: could this be the gun? http://www.slickguns.com/product/16-mid-length-surplus-ammo-4-pos-rifle-complete-525

can someone answer me this....

i want to buy the Bushmaster Post Ban Lower ($190) and the 7” AR15 Pistol Upper ($325). Will those 2 just snap together?

Of course, but make sure you use a pistol buffer tube, unless you're SBRing it. Just know, 5.56 uppers shorter than 14", expell a lot of gas and essentially don't make full use of the 5.56's velocity. I can't think of the nomenclature for the MK18 ammo, but they do have ammo better suited for use in SBR type rifles.

can someone answer me this....

i want to buy the Bushmaster Post Ban Lower ($190) and the 7” AR15 Pistol Upper ($325). Will those 2 just snap together?

Of course, but make sure you use a pistol buffer tube, unless you're SBRing it. Just know, 5.56 uppers shorter than 14", expell a lot of gas and essentially don't make full use of the 5.56's velocity. I can't think of the nomenclature for the MK18 ammo, but they do have ammo better suited for use in SBR type rifles.

And Panduh not sure if you know this or not or picked up on it, but if you buy the 7" AR15 upper you have to either pay a $200 tax stamp to SBR it, or put the pistol buffer as infidel said so its a legal "pistol".

Nice link, anyone else have some Black friday gun deals floating around? I been putting off my real backup sight for awhile now and I think im going to grab that Matech.

Can anyone answer if this is a decent pickup? I want an AR and that's cheap, my main purpose would be to take up space in my closet, with the occasional outing at friends property to shoot targets. Obviously I have no need for an AR but want one, plus when the zombie's come it may come in handy, right?

Can anyone answer if this is a decent pickup? I want an AR and that's cheap, my main purpose would be to take up space in my closet, with the occasional outing at friends property to shoot targets. Obviously I have no need for an AR but want one, plus when the zombie's come it may come in handy, right?

If by Moly, they mean Chrome Moly lined, it's not a bad pick up. An un-lined barrel won't last you long with putting many rounds through it. 1:7 twist is suitable for NATO spec 62 grain M855 (green tip ammo, which is dirt cheap) So assuming these things are true, then YES, it's a good deal for the super cheap AR hunter.

Saying "Moly 5.56 sight tower" is pretty ambiguous. I'd suspect they mean the barrel is chrome-moly, NOT chrome-lined which is fine, but won't last quite as long during rapid-fire shooting. By the point you'd see a benefit you'd already have thousands spent in ammo anyway, so for a plinker it doesn't matter. Make certain the barrel is a true 5.56 chamber, NOT a .223 or wylde chamber. Shooting 5.56 ammo in a .223 chamber is dangerous. If it's a .223 chamber you're limited to cheaper crappier russian ammo, or commercial .223. Keep in mind on a bargain basement rifle you're going to have a lot of corners cut. Before firing it you'll want to check a few things to make sure it doesn't fall apart on the first mag. The rifles from PSA are better for the money in my opinion, and is really the crappiest I'd go in an AR.

And shooting an AR pistol is absolutely retarded. Very difficult to hit anything, massive jail time and fines if caught shooting it improperly, and they're pretty unreliable. Why bother?

yeah i was planning on doin a buffer tube. I have always wanted a short AR.

SO basically scott, your telling me all i need to do is get the buffer stock and i wont need a tax stamp?

There's a pistol buffer tube which won't allow a stock to be fitted to it. That'll save you from the whole "intent" on building an "illegal" SBR. If you want an SBR, look at the LMT 10.5" uppers. Plenty short, and you can utilize a little more of the 5.56 without expelling all it's gas. (check out the MK18 set up)

There's a pistol buffer tube which won't allow a stock to be fitted to it. That'll save you from the whole "intent" on building an "illegal" SBR. If you want an SBR, look at the LMT 10.5" uppers. Plenty short, and you can utilize a little more of the 5.56 without expelling all it's gas. (check out the MK18 set up)

Got ya, thanks for the info. 7" is pretty damn short....i started thinking about it and decided its probably better for the barrel of your rifle to be longer than your weener.

• 2 weeks later...
it's pretty simple to legally build the ar pistol. It must come as a lower without a buttstock. virgin stripped lower is best. have the ffl mark it as "other" on the transfer. As long as this is the original transfer "virgin" and it doesn't all ready have a stock on it, then you are legal. just keep it as a pistol at alllllll times. NEVER swap a stock on it or anything like that. def don't put a hand grip on the front either.