Thorne's Toy Drive 2011 !!!!!!!

thorne

BACKGROUND:

So when I was a child my parents were poor and the fire station on Sullivant provided my christmas. I got my first bike that year. So when I was older and learned that santa was really firemen I started taking toys over ever year. It turned into a tradition to do my own little toy drives.

Fast Forward

Over the years People learned about my toy drives and started giving me cash and unwrapped toys. So I got the idea to hit the interwebs with my efforts. A few years back CR really had a huge showing. We had tons and tons of toys. DR Rick brought up a suv full toys and the firefighters told me they had seen various sports cars stop by and drop of checks and with the cash I had I was able to fill up my suv and my car and my parents suv.

*SOME PICS FROM COS

Toy Drive info

Toys need to be NEW unwrapped toys.

Last year i believe we donated well over $250+ in toys.

A suggestion from me, is 1 small girl toy and 1 small boy toy. Some lucky kids out there are just excited for something new to play with.

I for one am all for wooden toys, puzzles, and games for kids. But these are just my suggestions. :)

I suggest these because they last through multiple children.

Winter Coat drive.

Lets be honest here, PLENTY of us have 4 - 5 winter coats in the closet that we NEVER wear. Our kids have outgrown them, as they do every winter. Lets help out some familys out there that could really use some warm coverings.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6097/6384557219_65759cffb2_z.jpg

Central Ohio Subarus Holiday Party by CentralOhioSubarus, on Flickr

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6102/6384569827_ddf612a2cb_z.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6217/6384564717_d47640c1c2_z.jpg

Thorne 100$

Edited by Thorne

So lets couple this up with something I am doing. Find me a local toy store, not a big box, someplace that is mom/pop. I will go there and buy some toys.

let me know because I normally go shopping with the cash. If we can get something setup I'll have few 100$

IPS Motorsports has said they will let poeple drop off here. The cut off i the 18th.

Ages I personally feel that older kids are old enough to be told the truth and that hard times suck but little kids dont understand so i would say ideally ages 0-12 . But Im not going to say o to toys for older kids.

also paypal

lnxgod@gmail.com just make sure to pm me so i know you send money

Thorne most agencies that collect toys get alot of items for younger kids I heard a 95/5% split. Older kids while being able to understand really benefit more from a thought out gift which has been donated. Its so much easier to donate a $3 gift that a small kid will use and most do this. The $15-20 gift a young teenager might require is harder to convince someone to donate. Everyone charitable group I have ever dealt with has always said they get plenty of younger age group donations but they are never able to meet the requests of those with older children. Just a thought for those donating.