F-Body Passenger Window Motor

Fubar231

Mine doesn't work at all anymore. Have any of you used the Autotrix window motor fix? Is is worth it or should i just replace the window motor? I can get a window motor for $10 more than the kit and id rather just replace it. Or if i replace the window motor is it going to go out just like the crappy stock one did?

Any input/knowledge on these would be great.

Mine doesn't work at all anymore. Have any of you used the Autotrix window motor fix? Is is worth it or should i just replace the window motor? I can get a window motor for $10 more than the kit and id rather just replace it. Or if i replace the window motor is it going to go out just like the crappy stock one did?

Any input/knowledge on these would be great.

Not sure what the Autotrix method is but the first step should be to verify it is indeed the window motor and not the switch: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95481

"Hooked it up (well really left it hooked up) to the passenger side and tried to use the (passenger side) switch and nothing...Well you can hear something engaging but the motor doesn't spin."

Tried the drivers side switch and it goes UP no-problem, however it will not go down."

Just to clarify I took the "bad" window motor/regulator from the pass. side and hooked it up to the drivers side connector and it worked fine: turned out to be the switch that was bad.

I dunno if it would be that. The window moves just after like 1/4 inch it wont move any further and i have to wait a few minutes then try again and pull up on the window to get it to go up. Its like it doesnt have enough power to push it up itsself and it stops just barely after rolling down.

I dunno if it would be that. The window moves just after like 1/4 inch it wont move any further and i have to wait a few minutes then try again and pull up on the window to get it to go up. Its like it doesnt have enough power to push it up itsself and it stops just barely after rolling down.

Honestly my passenger window did the same thing (when it was going down), increased resistance in the circuit can cause all kinds of issues;

Increased resistance can come in all forms (bad switch, bad motor, bad wiring etc). About to take my final in Elec Systems Theory here in a few days...wish me luck.

C-State, C.Cox and M.Mitchell FTW.

Edited by acklac7

I heard there's an "easy" method to do it, but I have no idea, just what i was told.

A friend of mine took his Firebird to a place called Arrow off Hayden Run Road by Hilliard, they charged him $150 to replace the motor. They scratched his window tint and 2 weeks later, something fell apart in the door and now the window clunks and shit, so I wouldn't recommend that place

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah agreed motor. Just did my driver's side in July. Whoever had mine before though rigged it up so it made it a lot worse to get out and put the new one in. If yours hasn't been messed with it shouldn't be too unbearable to do. G/L