"Look at me now", but with pancakes

Rally Pat

god I am white, I could not even focus on what he was saying enough to understand it for the most part.

Haha That's ok, man. I remember the first time I tried to listen to heavy metal (this was when I was much younger) and it took a bit for my ear to 'learn'.

Another slightly related example:

A Japanese man comes into a store I managed and began speaking to me. I truly expected a Japanese accent or maybe not much of one at all like my buddy's dad. It took me a few sentences to understand him, not because his accent was so thick, but because I expected a cerain kind of accent and his was a very thick English accent. Completely threw me off until I recognized it. Then it was like "Oh, 2+2=4", and everything was right in my brain. Suddenly, I could understand everything he said. lol

Even slightly less related: :p

My mother used to rinse out milk jugs back in the day and fill one with water for the fridge. One night, half asleep I walked into the kitchen and decided to take a swig out of the water jug. Without realizing it, I had grabbed the milk jug and took a big 'ol swig. Now, I fuckin love milk, but when you think you're getting a mouthful of water, that's the shittiest water you've ever had. Of course, I promptly spit that shit out everywhere. Once I realized it was milk, well, let's say I wish I would've swallowed it, instead.