Cigar education night

Diamonds

Well,

A few of us toyed around with having a night where we could sit around, drink, and smoke cigars while getting some cigar education. But, we never had a place to do it. Well, now we do.

my friend just bought the old uptown cigar shop on Westerville road. We could have a semi private CR event where we could drink and chit chat. Byob , anything goes. And yes, there is a stripper pole in the shop!

1. Is anyone interested

2. What works better? Weeknight or weekend?

I'm being serious, Paul. I don't smoke regular cigars anymore but would like to attend with something other than a cigarette to smoke.

Try some of the flavored cigarette sized "premium" cigars. They are QUITE yummy! I prefer the Vanilla ;)

KillJoy

I have been to this cigar shop a fair amount recently. The owners are real great and the selection is awesome. There is something for everyone. The wife even enjoys coming up and hanging out. They have a poker table, 2 TVs, a fridge that sells non-alcoholic drinks, a coffee machine and plenty of seating. The guys go out of there way to help you and teach you anything cigar related you could ever want to know.

I am definitely in. Fri or Sat works best for me. Just let me know when and I will be there.

Friday or Saturday would be it for me. Getting up at 5:45 during the week doesn't make me want to drink and stay up too late. How big is the room for this? Just hang out in the back of the shop while open, or after hours?

Here's a thought. Have "selections" for each event. From mild to full flavor and such. Different choice each time to broaden each smoker's horizon. Wouldn't be hard to get the smokes together seeing as how it's at a shop. Possibly have a scotch of the evening, maybe two. Everyone who wants some of it would buy in before the event, maybe through paypal. That way it wouldn't be a hassle once we were there. I really like this idea.

Of course, Bob could provide some "specialty" cigars as well :) At a cost that is.

I think Friday night would be optimal.

I like the idea of a "selection" as well.

Assuming no one would be making money at all, what would you pay (ie - how nice of cigars?) for something like this (up front) and how many cigars would you want... two?

Maybe something like "pay 15 or 20 up front and you get a deal on two cigars"... and then BYOB. talk shop, talk cigars, learn, get drunk.

Ideas?

I would almost be more interested in one cigar per night then a 2fer. If I don't like it, I will probably not smoke the second. If I do like it, I may not smoke it any time soon because I am hoping to be at the next get together the next week.

I would almost be more interested in one cigar per night then a 2fer. If I don't like it, I will probably not smoke the second. If I do like it, I may not smoke it any time soon because I am hoping to be at the next get together the next week.

they would be two different cigars.

or just buy one you knwo you like. no biggie.