Winter Wheels....

PRD2BDF

So yeah...

Probably will end up repainting it. Wanted to give it a shot to see what it looked like. It does look better in person than the pictures show.

To answer your questions: No, I'm not a ricer. Yes, I'm older than 16. No, I am not color-blind.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/2011-12-01_14-38-06_19.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/2011-12-01_14-39-00_988.jpg

• Downvote 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My LM-60s (Performance Winter tire is what they are called)

Hydroplane res 8.4, Wet 8.4, Ice 8.4, Dry 8.1, Light Snow traction 9.4, Deep Snow 8.8, treadwear 8.1. Horrible tire to run in the winter, just horrible I tell ya.

The Blizzak LM-60 is Bridgestone's Performance Winter / Snow tire developed for the drivers of sports cars, sporty coupes and luxurious performance sedans that are looking for winter driving traction on dry, wet and snow-covered roads. The Blizzak LM-60 is designed to combine the basic tread design of the Blizzak WS60 with a high-silica tread compound to blend high-speed durability and dry-road cold weather handling with snow traction.

Since the current Multicell tread compounds used on Blizzak winter / snow tires are not designed to support H-speed ratings, the Blizzak LM-60 uses a high silica content winter / snow tread compound molded into a directional tread design that features independent tread blocks with 3-D zigzag sipes to disperse water away from the tire's contact patch, further enhancing grip. The combination provides hydroplaning resistance and greater driving and braking force on snow-covered roads.

lol at running snow tires... in the rain no less.

My LM-25's are great even in rain or on cold frozen road. I'm very confident in their performance handling. Car does not squirm and is very stable at speed. In snow and ice they are like velcro. I plowed deep snow in the MS3 without issue.

I'm hoping to get the car and wheels cleaned up and swapped soon. I don't drive it much if at all in the winter any more though but for when I do or need to, she'll be ready. In fact I'll drive it on the really bad days over my company car just because stock RSA's on the Ford Suck all year round.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/122312542/original.jpg

I would at the very least invest in even the cheapest G-Damn aftermarket wheel before running with those. Derek likely has something for $99ea. Hell, get with someone on some used somethings.....but not those. :dumb:

The wheels were 40 bucks for all. Can't argue with that.

Red is an interesting option.

My LM-60s (Performance Winter tire is what they are called)

Hydroplane res 8.4, Wet 8.4, Ice 8.4, Dry 8.1, Light Snow traction 9.4, Deep Snow 8.8, treadwear 8.1. Horrible tire to run in the winter, just horrible I tell ya.

PS:

The LM60 is no where near what the LM25V was in terms of road performance.

The LM60 is an H rated at best, tall siped traditional snow tire. The LM25V's were V rated with a small layer of MLC material and stiffer material after that. They handled as well as any all season when it was just cold / dry out.

A lot of people are very upset by them dropping the LM25V in all but a few sizes as it sucks handling wise vs the LM25V.

The only common option left is the Dunlop Wintersport 3D's. Been using them for years and even preferred them to the LM25V's so I'm not really affected.

The LM60's are better in super deep snow and ice, but suck by comparison in dry road handling ect.