Talk to me about the Audi S5 Coupe

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to buy a separate weekend warrior, then the audi is a pretty decent choice for a daily that will see snow. My buddy's v8 s5 has well over 30k miles, with no problems as far as I know. He has a billy boat exhaust, that sounds incredible. He's had zero issues in two loooooong wisconsin winters. Even his wife couldn't kill my wife and I leaving a dinner night last year when she decided to take her hands completely off the steering wheel when the car slid a bit in 4" of fresh snow--i was impressed with the way the car handled the snow. And I've been impressed with the automatic in sport mode. I'm an american car guy to the core--you can imagine how much it kills me to admit I like his car

Tilley, I test drove a S5 last year. Noce cars bit I wasnt a big fan of the interior lay out. I also test drove the s4( with supercharged 6) and was way more impressed with it. Course if you want a two door then I say yes!

Going forward soon the S5 will get the 3.0L S/C motor... the old V8 is scheduled for deletion across the board. New 4.0L TT V8 is debuting in all the new high line cars S6/S7/S8.

:)

Going forward soon the S5 will get the 3.0L S/C motor... the old V8 is scheduled for deletion across the board. New 4.0L TT V8 is debuting in all the new high line cars S6/S7/S8.

:)

Wonder if it would drop on to the 3.0 motor mounts?

Wonder if it would drop on to the 3.0 motor mounts?

LOL

Ironically, it probably would given the MLP design they adopted.

Getting it to play with the rest of the car is the other story.

:no:

If you really want the 4.0L TT Trade the S4 in on a S6 next year. High hopes for what it will do with a flash. :megusta: