Looking for input on small SUV / Crossovers

iwashmycar

Rav 4? They got a V6 in 2006 and it's a peppy little car with that engine.

Parents have one, and I've driven it quite a bit. Drove it from Florida back up to Columbus and back and forth to Nashville twice and it was very nice on those trip.

Might be just a little north on price, but not too far.

you can get a high mileage MDX for $10-15 and you can expect to get 250,xxxx miles no problem out of it.

RDX are still too new thus still high dollar.

we drove a couple mdx's last month when we were looking. read up on the transmission issues before you purchase. we almost brought one home, until i found out how common problems were with them.

tom

we drove a couple mdx's last month when we were looking. read up on the transmission issues before you purchase. we almost brought one home, until i found out how common problems were with them.

tom

Ive heard that too but again, neverhad a problem with mine. I thought it was only like 2002's with problems?

• 5 weeks later...

Just to update, we came to the conclusion to only spend about half of what we initially were going to.

Went with this XTerra 2wd. $5400. Recent timing belt change among other things so it should be good to go. Has almost 130K on her. Wife's happy and so am I as the second choice was a '00 BMW 3 series with 150K. While cruising around in an all blacked out 3 series would be cool, I would be afraid to fix shit... had the usual air bag light and brake pads light on too.

Also you can tell it has never seen a bit of salt. I should have bought my FJ down here... so clean.

http://images.craigslist.org/5N75F75J83F93L33Hcc1665b9c2644b471dff.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/5Nb5Hd5M33Kf3Fd3N1c16f5bd820f29391b40.jpg