pissed off with area gun shops

AWW$HEEET

So on my voyage for a 1911, I went to vances last week. Packed to the gills, got pissed and went to aumiller, I usually have a bad time there cause the old crotchety owner, but I actually had a good time looking around. They were kinda lacking on selection, but I would have bought something if they had. They answered a lot of my questions, so off I went.

Fast forward to today, I decide to go to buckeye outdoors, and it is overrun with hillbillies, all camping on the gun cases. I took a number, it was number 71. They were on number 41. 20 minutes later, they got to number 42. I decided I had enough. Phone was also ringing off the hook. There had to be like 2 or 3 dudes behind those enormous cases working.

How the hell does vances/buckeye outdoor stay in business? Does their ownership know that probably half or more of their business just goes walking out the door pissed off? Why is there no better competition for this place? Furthermore, where are you guys going for your big purchases?

I go to Scots guns and ammo in chillicothe, selection is OK, but can get you most anything you want within the week and prices are awesome. I would just rather give my money to a local gun shop rather than the big names like buckeye outdoor.

Me too, if i could find a local shop that was worth a shit.

You picked the worse time in the WORLD to go to Vances first off. Christmas... Sat when they are closed Sun.. WORSE IDEA lol.

They are usually busy anytime after 4pm on any day but Christmas time is by far the worse for sure. Youre best bet is to go Tues or Wed morning when they open if youre REALLY wanting to pick something up

How the hell does vances/buckeye outdoor stay in business? Does their ownership know that probably half or more of their business just goes walking out the door pissed off? Why is there no better competition for this place? Furthermore, where are you guys going for your big purchases?

They don't have any competition locally. Oh, I'm sure they know, but re: previous sentence. Try starting a gun store in a city and county that is actively hostile to firearms related activity without a MASSIVE amount of hassle just getting licensing. And there are a TON of internet sites, just buy there and use a local FFl for transfer. I used http://www.deltaepsilonguns.com/index.html for my last couple of non-C&R, he only charges $15 per transfer. He does have odd hours though.

AimHi has always taken care of me, even on weekends I am helped within 5-10 minutes.

Yeah, I actually had a good experience there. Went shooting, and the manager talked to me for 20 mins about Wilson Combat, even as he knew I was just daydreaming.

I may go back up there.

You picked the worse time in the WORLD to go to Vances first off. Christmas... Sat when they are closed Sun.. WORSE IDEA lol.

They are usually busy anytime after 4pm on any day but Christmas time is by far the worse for sure. Youre best bet is to go Tues or Wed morning when they open if youre REALLY wanting to pick something up

Going on a tuesday/weds isnt really an option for normal folk. KNOWING that its christmas, I am shocked they didnt have better staffing. Money literally just flowing out the door.

AimHi has always taken care of me, even on weekends I am helped within 5-10 minutes.

I bought there knowing I might pay more but I did it because of the quality of service and the tailored experience. Ron did not try to upsell me on anything, he demonstrated the products I said I was interested and offered alternatives when I asked for them. As a salesman, I can recognize a superior sales experience when I see it. For ANY firearm purchase, my first stop will always be in New Albany.

I bought there knowing I might pay more but I did it because of the quality of service and the tailored experience. Ron did not try to upsell me on anything, he demonstrated the products I said I was interested and offered alternatives when I asked for them. As a salesman, I can recognize a superior sales experience when I see it. For ANY firearm purchase, my first stop will always be in New Albany.

+1 and if you buy you get to use the range for free, if you don't have time at purchase, they give you a round token to come back and use the range for free.

Going on a tuesday/weds isnt really an option for normal folk. KNOWING that its christmas, I am shocked they didnt have better staffing. Money literally just flowing out the door.

It's totally random. I've walked into Buckeye before on Saturday around Christmas and got service immediately and I've also had to wait.

On my probably 30 trips there per year, I have NEVER seen them 30 numbers out. Most I've ever seen is 15. Who knows what you ran into, maybe some guys called in sick or something.

NASR is always great i've bought from there before. Vances is just around the corner from my house so I go when they open up during the week to buy guns. If I just need ammo I will go saturday. It is always packed on saturday dude and there is always people buying guns. That is the norm. dealwithit

I was at Blackwing two weeks ago on a saturday afternoon. The range had a line but the gun sales counter was near empty. Sure they had a few customers but there was always someone there asking if i needed help with anything.

The range on the other hand, had a line out the door at least 20 deep.