C List scam?

coltboostin

Can you be scammed SELLING something on C list? Guy wants to use paypal, is only asking for my email address to paypal money, but it seems "fishy" to me. Please advise....

the email

"Hi,

Thanks for the response, i will be using PayPal surcharges since i am

interested in the immediate purchase for my Son.he just moved out of

state,where this is needed and i will be making use of a shipping

company to have this picked up from you and have it delivered to him

Further arrangements will be made with you in regards to the pick up

once i have paid you.I am ready to buy it now for my Son and i am at

sea at the moment as i am an expatriates and due to the nature of my

work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i

squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding

it. I really want the goods to be a surprise for Son so i wont let him

know anything about the goods until it gets delivered to him, i am

sure he will be more than happy with the Product. I insisted on PayPal

because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have

internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account, as i have my

bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email

address and the price so i can make the payments asap for the goods

and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set

up, go to http://www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i

will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal

so as to put the money through. have a pick up agent that will come

and pick the goods up after i have made the payments...

Thanks."

I agree with the comments above. You can always send the email on to the PayPal customer service department and get their advice before shipping anything. Sometimes they deem a transaction "eligble" or "partially eligible" for fraud protection. In any case, their security staff will know more about the angles than any of us do.

You should know a hustle when you hear (read) one.

Really, if someone gives excuses and wants to do anything more complex than "Give Money, Get Item" I assume they're scamming and drop the deal. Buying and Selling isn't rocket science. If the buyer or seller can't do things simply, I don't trust them.

I had one similar where the guy was saying he is a soldier deployed, yada yada yada. I copied his message into google and sure enough it was a scam. If the person can't pick it up or meet face to face then it's likely some sort of scam.

He gives you a million excuses to not suspect that he's a scammer, stopping only short of saying "MY GOOD SIR I AM OF THE BEST ASSURANCES THAT YOU ARE NOT PARTICIPATE IN SCAM OF SAID GOODS".

Tell him you will accept a certified check issued by a state or company owned bank. Then send him a cardboard box with a picture of your junk in it.

key words- product, items, goods.....

no where was he specific on what you have. very generic, time is limited so dont call him or email him. scam, anytime im doing somthing online i want a phone number to reach you, i wanna talk to you. good luck

Its an interesting Scam-

If I send paypal, how could the pull money from my account-lets say if the paypal is attached to an account hat is at zero balance? Even if they hack'd the password, what damage could he/they do?

And hell the paypal is the same and the email he is replying too, so.....................

Odd

If they pay via a stolen account or credit card, Paypal will put your account in the negative and file it against your credit.

There is not credit card attached to my account.

If there are no funds in the account, and no funds in the attached checking account,t he payment would not go through....

I guess the scheme would work for some.... not all accounts.

There is not credit card attached to my account.

If there are no funds in the account, and no funds in the attached checking account,t he payment would not go through....

I guess the scheme would work for some.... not all accounts.

What it appears they do is get your account number (as if to transfer funds to you), then email you from a legit-looking paypal address to try and direct you to their fake paypal page where you enter your acct name and pass, then they have it, then they can attempt to make fraudulent purchases with your acct, then your credit history is the one that gets fucked because it shows that you have a dispute with Paypal.

it always a scam if they use the word "advert"

the scam is where he uses money from a stolen account, you send the product, then paypal takes the money back from you and now your left with no money or product. even if you transfer the money to your bank and withdraw the money from the said account, paypal could possibly overdraft your account to retrieve the money.

What it appears they do is get your account number (as if to transfer funds to you), then email you from a legit-looking paypal address to try and direct you to their fake paypal page where you enter your acct name and pass, then they have it, then they can attempt to make fraudulent purchases with your acct, then your credit history is the one that gets fucked because it shows that you have a dispute with Paypal.

That makes more sense

it always a scam if they use the word "advert"

the scam is where he uses money from a stolen account, you send the product, then paypal takes the money back from you and now your left with no money or product. even if you transfer the money to your bank and withdraw the money from the said account, paypal could possibly overdraft your account to retrieve the money.

From what I know paypal 100% CAN NOT debt your checking account.

From what I know paypal 100% CAN NOT debt your checking account.

They can if you have one attached to your account and if you go to the bank to reverse it after paypal tells you they won't give your $ back, they put your account into the negative and report it on your credit. Goodbye FICO.

They can if you have one attached to your account and if you go to the bank to reverse it after paypal tells you they won't give your $ back, they put your account into the negative and report it on your credit. Goodbye FICO.

I have had bad experiences with PayPal before, but if this is true. I will put them on a separate account! Thats BS.

I will call them later about it.

I have had bad experiences with PayPal before, but if this is true. I will put them on a separate account! Thats BS.

I will call them later about it.

It's right in their TOS, go to the help section and read through it. By attaching an account and verifying, you are basically bending over their desk and forfeiting vaseline.