cutting rust from sheetmetal

Mace1647545504

what are you doing with the metal? when i rough cut big stuff before i drill out spot welds i use my air hammer and a panel cutting tips. i almost never use a cut off wheel unless.

the one on the far left and the one on the far right.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/51100/51004.JPG

you can also use a sawzall if you have the room.

Aj I think you are talking full on panel replacement and he is talking small patch panels

you can still rough cut the bad section out then line up the new panel and use an air saw to finial cut. an air saw will make a cleaner cut with less gap to weld in than a cut off wheel will.

Make sure you wear OSHA glasses when using a cut-off wheel and/or air hammer! I was cutting off the carriage bolts on a front bumper and had a shard of flying metal hit my glasses and left a mark. Took a look at the mark and CLEARLY my open eyeball would've caught the shrapnel. Scary stuff!

Make sure you wear OSHA glasses when using a cut-off wheel and/or air hammer! I was cutting off the carriage bolts on a front bumper and had a shard of flying metal hit my glasses and left a mark. Took a look at the mark and CLEARLY my open eyeball would've caught the shrapnel. Scary stuff!

+1- you should also wear hearing protection...I didn't in the past... I had mine checked as we met our deductible this year having my son so I figured why not- I had a sharp dip around 4K hz the same frequency power tools/loud engines/firearms targets... I bought 4 quality ear muffs promptly after that for my two kids and wife- too late for me but might as well not do more damage

+1- you should also wear hearing protection...I didn't in the past... I had mine checked as we met our deductible this year having my son so I figured why not- I had a sharp dip around 4K hz the same frequency power tools/loud engines/firearms targets... I bought 4 quality ear muffs promptly after that for my two kids and wife- too late for me but might as well not do more damage

Huh? what?

what are you doing with the metal? when i rough cut big stuff before i drill out spot welds i use my air hammer and a panel cutting tips. i almost never use a cut off wheel unless.

the one on the far left and the one on the far right.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/51100/51004.JPG

you can also use a sawzall if you have the room.

Left and Middle for me.