harley or duc

rusty 996

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course on instinct I vote duc. However. 1098 as a street bike? You'll regret that. the 996 and the 1098 are great track bikes and not horrible on the street but honestly in my opinion they aren't much fun on the street. Ergonomics is not comfortable for street, superbikes feel unstable until your going well over the speed limit and all the ducs with the underseat exhaust are like riding on a toaster in the summer time. They do look and sound awesome. I'd get a duc but I'd look at something more like a monster, the new street fighter, the hypermotard or even the multistrada if you are buying it primarily for street riding. Either way ditch the harley. They are for sissies and ride like tractors. Just sayin.

+100..Im debating on selling the RC and going with something like a monster/speed triple/tuono/superduke..etc.etc.

I really like the new monster 1100, the tuono needs a model change but its still cool, I also like the speed triple... but LOVE twins. have any of you seen the new KTM superduke "R" in white?

:nono:

I still prefer the rc...and i'm not even a big fan of twins...

when you sit on this bikes they not that cool as they look.i look for same bikes,and end with the 848.take test ride and you see.Hinds have the tuono,the bikes look better on picture.i also look at benelli tnt ,but its your call.

thanks to this board, I can assure you I'm NEVER stepping foot into hind-ends shop...evar! (sic)

Rusty,"IF" I sell the RC im not buying a full blown sportbike again the low bars high pegs and hard seats are killer for the street. I love the 1198/848 too they look awesome sound awesome but they are track bikes with mirrors.Thanks for your opinion though. BTW hinds is a rip-off!