MRM snowboard/ski gathering Saturday, Jan. 21

Mojoe

A few friend's (some from here) and I are heading up to Mad River Mountain for the day. There will be craziness, as this is the day before I have to fly back to Afghanistan. Even if you don't snowboard or Ski, this may be worth going to. They have a patio over looking the terrain park. You can just sit and drink, while people hurl themselves into the air and fail to land upright. Great camera and video opertunities will present themselves. Laughs are a sure thing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to try snowboarding, not sure if my foot could handle it but I would like to go with fellow newbies.

Ur foot might get jacked up :lol: but aj and I go also sol740 goes butttt he's a vagina and doesn't go as often.

In years past I went 40+ times a year easily.

I would like to try snowboarding, not sure if my foot could handle it but I would like to go with fellow newbies.

What size shoe do you wear, and what exactly is wrong with your foot? Essentially, the boot is like a foot cast, you can hardly move it at all. I have a really fucked up ankle and do just fine once I'm strapped in. I have an extra board with 10-1/2 or 11 boots. I don't recommend it if you're over 200 lbs. Might be fine for a beginner. You'll just go a bit slower

What size shoe do you wear, and what exactly is wrong with your foot? Essentially, the boot is like a foot cast, you can hardly move it at all. I have a really fucked up ankle and do just fine once I'm strapped in. I have an extra board with 10-1/2 or 11 boots. I don't recommend it if you're over 200 lbs. Might be fine for a beginner. You'll just go a bit slower

he had a couple thousand pound cement block thinge fall and pancake his foot few years back.

Ohio's ice, and conditions in general are very hard to ride. Ride well in ohio, and you will do very well out West on average terrain. I would guess if someone in Ohio rides often, 40% of the time, it's in bad conditions, Vs. in places of better snow and elevation only having bad conditions 15% of the time. Add that their season is easily 6-8 weeks + longer than Ohio's, and what can we really expect? I have very little expectation for Ohio riding because of this. Ohio is a play ground; a toy to practice the basics and hope for a couple great days of snow a year.

Jesse, it's getting harder and harder to stay in Ohio. You and Carrie moving West would make my decision much easier to make. I'm very close to just going out there to ride and retire in the near future.

Jesse, I'm going to do my snow dance, so there is some damn snow there. This season is starting slooooow for you guys.

Thanks for the snow dance, we need it!

Finally getting 1-2inches today and it's forecasted to get down to 21F tonight and mid-low 20's tomorro night. So they should be able to blow at least the next 2 nights, if not through the day tomorrow. That will help out a ton. We are supposed to get another warm snap, but then a nice cold spell starting on 1/2 or 1/3. They should be able to get everything covered at that point so we should be all good by the 21st.

Jesse, it's getting harder and harder to stay in Ohio. You and Carrie moving West would make my decision much easier to make. I'm very close to just going out there to ride and retire in the near future.

Where would you consider? We are buying a house next year... unless we move somewhere which we have pretty seriously been talking about. That's on the low though, haven't mentioned it to my parents yet.

So far we think SLC has too many mormons and Carri is boycotting Denver since she would never see me. :lolguy: Portland is looking tempting, even if the tech industry may not be the best there.

Edited by Trouble Maker

I'm looking a year out from when I get back, if I don't come back here. Job offers for what I do, could have me able to retire by 45. Hard to pass on that. I'll have my 20 in and can go on the contract side. The job offers here are a dozen, plus. We will talk when I get in town next week. I need to look into you doing R&D for what I instruct.

As for hitting MRM, I hope everyone is up for having a crazy time. If anyone is planning on going, but knows they are not leaving the lodge, I would like to claim an area for us and perhaps some of our gear. I like to bring my own redbull and Goose, but don't like to go to the car. I share :-)