One Survival Rifle

Hwilli1647545487

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That M6 is an interesting idea...I'd been thinking in terms of one of the myriad .22LR/.410 combos with the swappable barrels, but a superposed would be a better idea. But I'll stick with my Garand... I've got a Schuster valve and a new Orion op-spring so she'll handle any commercial ammo, and .30'06 is pretty much capable of handling anything I'll be shooting at.

That M6 is an interesting idea...I'd been thinking in terms of one of the myriad .22LR/.410 combos with the swappable barrels, but a superposed would be a better idea. But I'll stick with my Garand... I've got a Schuster valve and a new Orion op-spring so she'll handle any commercial ammo, and .30'06 is pretty much capable of handling anything I'll be shooting at.

As far as the hunting (or even self defense) part, the down side to the M6 is single shot where the Henry has an 8 round mag. Then again a .410 shot shell can put a hurt on an animal.

Something Chambered in 300 win mag

Why Overkill for most prey, food, animals

But when all you trolls riding in your suvs with 10/22 pull up, i can break the block of your ride with my bullet then proceed to rape you 30 calibers at a time through your sheet metal.

Brb enough power for anything

Brb hunting at 600 yrds = no problem

Brb still light enough to carry

Brb pwning you faggots with your 10/22s

Seriously if your family was in danger or if there was a possiblity of a threat, why be under powered?

Second Choice, some ar variant in 7.62x51 NATO

In a SHTF situation, all laws will be out the window. Something that could be converted "easily" to full auto would give you a firepower advantage.

With that being said: AK-47 built from a Kit

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I wouldn't want to piss away the majority of my ammo hitting nothing

I'd stick with a simple, lightweight M4gery. Yes, the AK is more simple, and can go further between cleanings, but the AR platform is more common here, and if need be you can make your way to a National Guard base and join in without having to scavenge one of their beater rifles, just grab some loaded mags and run with it.

Out of my collection AR15 will be the most all around for SHTF needs. Plenty of ammo, parts, etc. avaliabile. Good enough all around for defense/hunting needs for medium sized game, etc.

If i end up with a my companion the 2nd choice would be the ruger 10/22, reliable, again with plenty of ammo and parts, good for hunting small game, birds, etc. My 10/22 is dead accurate for first time shooters up to 50 yards.