Alaska State Troopers

TTQ B4U

So I rotate our kids TV time between various shows. My son has a friend at school who's dad is a Trooper so he's been hooked on Alaska State Troopers and I must admit, it's a cool show. If you love the outdoors it fulfills your wish and if you think OSP is a bunch of ticket writing PIA's and others are likely the same, then watch this show and see how very different their troopers make a living vs ours.

Most every resident has guns or knives on them and it's not just the people they need to wrroy about. They have huge amounts of ground to cover, shifts aren't just 8-10hrs and it's never just sunny and 72 degrees.

I dig it. :thumbup:

I have watched them all so far and its a very lackluster show. I dont think they do a very good job on capitalizing what little drama they have.

dude thats a good thing. Drama ruins show for me personally. Gold rush for example. That show used to be pretty drama free, especially in season 1. Now, theyve turned it into a dramatic competition among the other mines. I dont even watch the first half of the show anymore. Catch the last 30 minutes if you want to cut the bs and not miss anything.

They should put up signs there: DO NOT FEED THE INUIT......ALCOHOL.

Interesting to see how multi-faceted their jobs are. Sometimes I'm pretty jealous that they get to really experience Alaska, and other times I'm saying F that, you couldn't pay me enough.

I think the same thing. To have to tell the wife you're going for 3 days to catch a poacher in the hills and having to jump on a single prop plane then ATV and dodge bear and locals who clearly don't want you around while mother natures shrinks your balls with cold weather.....I hope they make some decent cash.

I think the same thing. To have to tell the wife you're going for 3 days to catch a poacher in the hills and having to jump on a single prop plane then ATV and dodge bear and locals who clearly don't want you around while mother natures shrinks your balls with cold weather.....I hope they make some decent cash.

http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Alaska-State-Trooper-l-Alaska.html

Average $48k. Not much here but in Alaska it is probably quite a bit.

http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Alaska-State-Trooper-l-Alaska.html

Average $48k. Not much here but in Alaska it is probably quite a bit.

Shit in Alaska is expensive. Fucking $6 for a gallon of milk, and $3 for a chocolate bar is retarded. Makes our Ohio troopers look seriously, seriously, seriously overpaid. Which they are.

dude thats a good thing. Drama ruins show for me personally. Gold rush for example. That show used to be pretty drama free, especially in season 1. Now, theyve turned it into a dramatic competition among the other mines. I dont even watch the first half of the show anymore. Catch the last 30 minutes if you want to cut the bs and not miss anything.

Were thinking of drama in to seperate lights. Your thinking of drama like the way trutv ruins all of its shows which might be interesting if they werent fake or orchestrated drama. I am talking about the show staying so neutral they fail to go further indepth on situations that may have additional interest. They show a snipit of an event and never give any closure on what happened. Its on the verge of being a boring documentary that does nothing other than state fact after fact after fact. I am not saying get into details in every instance but why show 30 mins of a trooper talking to a fisherman about what hes catching and only 2 mins of how illegally obtained alcohol is destroying their state. I like the portion of the show that has a "cops" type vibe and last year when they had the episode of them patrolling the alaska man or whatever event they hold each year they could have really shown alot of interaction with various people, which they didnt.

Shit in Alaska is expensive. Fucking $6 for a gallon of milk, and $3 for a chocolate bar is retarded. Makes our Ohio troopers look seriously, seriously, seriously overpaid. Which they are.

Different hazards. Would you rather live with 20 grizzly bears in a 5 mile radius of you, or 20 armed crackheads and dealers in a 5 block radius of you? I'll take the grizzlies.

That said, I think those guys are underpaid in Alaska. Seeing one ep where a guy called to complain about his neighbors shooting guns, only to see the troopers have to walk up to the house due to snow with little to no protection or knowledge of the alleged offenders makes me shudder.

Seeing them go back to the original complainer and explain to him that its perfectly OK for his neighbors to shoot all they want as long as its not at his house was hilarious though.