New carry decisions

Murse

One of the guys I used to work with carried the m&p 9mm and his was the same even after the hundreds of rounds that has been shot through it. The HK P30 would deff be on the list but I'm really trying to keep it to around $500. And even used those aren't cheap.

One of the guys I used to work with carried the m&p 9mm and his was the same even after the hundreds of rounds that has been shot through it. The HK P30 would deff be on the list but I'm really trying to keep it to around $500. And even used those aren't cheap.

Doesn't sound like he shot it much. It's going to be iffy to find an HK in that price range. Maybe one of the older USP trade-ins.

Just don't buy a hi-point.

In regard to the ruger, they haven't been making a decent semi-auto hand gun for long enough to trust them. I Don't doubt that the sr9c is a great gun but if you look at the brand and look at the others in question, there is no doubt your buying a gun from a company that has a good history of making great guns, not a few years of making a good gun

I had similar doubts before I bought my SR9c. I've put over 1000 rounds through it and so far it's performed flawlessly. I'm sure it didn't win the Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence handgun of the year three years in a row on accident. I would say they got this one right.

Am I the only one who only pulls the glock slide back after reloading a magazine? I can use the release if I want but I have no issues with it :)

There's nothing wrong with that method (called the slingshot method), however, I wouldn't train using ONLY that method. You never know when your support hand will be taken out of the fight (broken, shot off, etc.), so I'd throw in some practice with dropping the slide using the lock, as well as racking the gun using the sights.

There's nothing wrong with that method (called the slingshot method), however, I wouldn't train using ONLY that method. You never know when your support hand will be taken out of the fight (broken, shot off, etc.), so I'd throw in some practice with dropping the slide using the lock, as well as racking the gun using the sights.

Yeah I thought about that. I've seen videos of someone field striping with just one hand. I've been practicing that but I can't do it quickly...yet :fuuuu:

This, I practice all the methods, fairly good at all of them. Usually rack the slide by hand, but also use the sights on my pocket to rack it while practicing. With the extended slide release on a glock it 10x easier than the stock one to release it. Its good to be well versed in all of them.

I had similar doubts before I bought my SR9c. I've put over 1000 rounds through it and so far it's performed flawlessly. I'm sure it didn't win the Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence handgun of the year three years in a row on accident. I would say they got this one right.

Over 3000 through mine. Not a problem.

Also, P95 had a killer article in the last magazine I read. I agree Ruger may not be known for their SA but I wouldn't discount them...especially with the SR9/40c or P95.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if you are interested in revolvers. I just picked up a s&w 38 special airweight, never thought i would own a revolver other than my 44 mag but i loved the feeling of this gun in my hand.

http://www.championfirearms.com/v/vspfiles/photos/163438-2T.jpg

I dont know if you are interested in revolvers. I just picked up a s&w 38 special airweight, never thought i would own a revolver other than my 44 mag but i loved the feeling of this gun in my hand.

http://www.championfirearms.com/v/vspfiles/photos/163438-2T.jpg

Bought my wife one for her CCW and I love shooting it. I want one for myself eventually. GREAT CCW.

No I never thought about a revolver for my ccw but I'll deff shoot one to see. Me and both brother in laws are going to head up to Black Wing in a few weeks to shoot all the prospects. We were unable to go durring Xmas so we're going to check out that range since neither of us have been there

Not sure about OH law but in TX if you qualify with a revolver you can only carry a revolver. If you use a semi you can CCW anything....

Since I'm late to the party I would say P229, XDM, Glock and forget the others. See which one feels/fits the best and try renting them all to shoot (if you can) before purchase. You really can't go wrong with any of those three...

Yeah as of right now it's; XDM, P229, and then glock. But I haven't shot the xdm or the others on the list, only the 229 and glock. I'm hoping BlackWing has all of them to rent and shoot when we go up there.